Whew! It was a busy weekend in the barn. Saturday morning we picked up the stalls and DH and his good friend Mark installed them while I took my son to the amphibian and reptile show to peruse a variety of snakes and lizards. The steppe runner lizards were his favourite, but I liked the chameleons. After the show, I picked up saddle racks and water pails for the barn. By the time we got home, DH and friend had all the stalls up so we spent the rest of the evening putting in the boards. Sunday, the guys worked on digging the electrical trench and running the wire from the house to the electrical panel in the barn. Soon, we should have power.
By Sunday afternoon my daughter and I were able to bring the horses into the barn to tack up. I gotta say, it was fantastic to not have to lug all our tack down to the pasture. It was even better to be able to tack up out of the wind and the mosquitoes. The horses loved it! We still have lots to do, but it is shaping up quite well so far.
Here are the stalls.
And the tack room so far...
This evening we hauled in for our weekly dressage lesson. I had a great ride and feel like we are making some good progress. It seems you can teach an old dog new tricks.