Horse Talk for people over 50 - Page 23
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse Talk for people over 50

This is a discussion on Horse Talk for people over 50 within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree1177Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-30-2013, 06:45 PM
      #221
    Trained
    Hi everyone
    Nice to see you all again
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-30-2013, 07:39 PM
      #222
    Trained
    Is it just me, or is this pretty freaky looking for a baby who is 2 days old?



    He has more hair on his back than I have on my chest. It reminds me of an old song by one of the guys who was on Rawhide (and also in High Noon):

    When I was born the folks around they did despair
    Cause I was born with all my teeth and long black hair
    They couldn't decide what to name me Percy Bruce or Kent
    So they just called me the Carroll County Accident

    I asked my wife, but she just gave me her "Mia" look - the one with the rolled eyes. Then she quoted Mia: "THFFFTTTTT!!" I need to keep Mia and my wife separated...
         
        08-30-2013, 08:01 PM
      #223
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsms    
    Is it just me, or is this pretty freaky looking for a baby who is 2 days old?



    He has more hair on his back than I have on my chest. It reminds me of an old song by one of the guys who was on Rawhide (and also in High Noon):

    When I was born the folks around they did despair
    Cause I was born with all my teeth and long black hair
    They couldn't decide what to name me Percy Bruce or Kent
    So they just called me the Carroll County Accident


    I asked my wife, but she just gave me her "Mia" look - the one with the rolled eyes. Then she quoted Mia: "THFFFTTTTT!!" I need to keep Mia and my wife separated...

    How do you know he/she has hair on their back?
    Looks like my oldest did as a new born except her black hair was curly.
    What REALLY looks weird is when they start shedding.
    Usually first the back of the head, then the top and then the sides.
    This is a beautiful baby.
    bsms and Farmchic like this.
         
        08-30-2013, 10:25 PM
      #224
    Trained
    I've seen his back. I wanted to know who kidnapped the baby and left a monkey in his place. Do they make Furminators for babies?



    My youngest and I have decided that we're calling him Hank, which is a nickname for Henry, which also has the nickname Harry :

    Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Hank
         
        08-30-2013, 11:16 PM
      #225
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsms    
    I've seen his back. I wanted to know who kidnapped the baby and left a monkey in his place. Do they make Furminators for babies?



    My youngest and I have decided that we're calling him Hank, which is a nickname for Henry, which also has the nickname Harry :

    Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Hank
    OK.....got to know is this YOUR baby?
    If I were this babies Mom I would beat you up with a blue pom pom on a stick for calling him/her a monkey. Poor little Hank.
         
        08-30-2013, 11:21 PM
      #226
    Trained
    Grandchild. My grandkids probably are growing up with a somewhat warped idea of what a Grandfather is like...

    FaydesMom likes this.
         
        08-30-2013, 11:27 PM
      #227
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsms    
    Grandchild. My grandkids probably are growing up with a somewhat warped idea of what a Grandfather is like...

    Congratulations on the new Grandbaby. He really is a beautiful baby and don't worry about the hair on his back. It'll fall out pretty quick.
    By the way if you don't want him I'll take him.
         
        08-31-2013, 01:23 AM
      #228
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsms    
    Is it just me, or is this pretty freaky looking for a baby who is 2 days old?



    He has more hair on his back than I have on my chest. It reminds me of an old song by one of the guys who was on Rawhide (and also in High Noon):

    When I was born the folks around they did despair
    Cause I was born with all my teeth and long black hair
    They couldn't decide what to name me Percy Bruce or Kent
    So they just called me the Carroll County Accident

    I asked my wife, but she just gave me her "Mia" look - the one with the rolled eyes. Then she quoted Mia: "THFFFTTTTT!!" I need to keep Mia and my wife separated...




    Cute baby congratulations
    She is too cute
         
        09-02-2013, 05:05 PM
      #229
    Trained
    Dropping in by, my Grandson has gone home after a month of visiting, sure is quiet around here now.

    I taught him the important things while he was here

    Horses are good



    Dogs are friendly





    And family is important

    bsms, Celeste, Stan and 4 others like this.
         
        09-02-2013, 09:31 PM
      #230
    Green Broke
    Today was bittersweet in my grooming job. I've been grooming for the same polo guy for 4 years. He won his tournament and it is my last day grooming for him.

    But, I'm stopping grooming because my work is more demanding and... I'm going to play myself!

    I've been riding (dabbling at playing) this horse this summer thanks to the generosity of a woman who plays, and she and her husband offered to let me buy him.

    We settled things today and I asked them to write a contract. Oh my gosh. He's just a dandy. I'm looking forward to playing, roping and riding this one for many years to come. Now I just need horse #2!

         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0