Horse Talk for people over 50 - Page 31
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse Talk for people over 50

This is a discussion on Horse Talk for people over 50 within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree1220Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-23-2013, 11:10 PM
      #301
    Trained
    Oh nice looking girl, what's in her future?
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-24-2013, 12:16 AM
      #302
    Yearling
    DimSum,
    Congratulations on your new mare.
    Will she be with you until the foal is weaned, or stay with former owner until then?
         
        09-24-2013, 07:00 AM
      #303
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    Oh nice looking girl, what's in her future?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    She has been shown quite successfully and I might play around at the local shows, but mostly she will be a trail and pleasure horse. She is very well broke and has a calm "oh okay, we're doing that now? Cool, that's fine" personality. I need that now in my life

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anndankev    
    DimSum,
    Congratulations on your new mare.
    Will she be with you until the foal is weaned, or stay with former owner until then?
    Thanks, I haven't the facility or honestly the knowledge to foal her out. Her owner has her boarded at my trainer's facility, and the plan is she will stay there through foaling and weaning. My trainer foals out 3-4 mares a year and has the experience I lack. I've been lucky she is boarded there, I've had the chance to watch her for a few months so I know she is sound and sane.
    anndankev likes this.
         
        09-24-2013, 11:54 PM
      #304
    Trained
    Somehow I had unsubscribed to this thread. I have no memory of doing so. I guess that is appropriate for the over 50 thread............
         
        09-25-2013, 12:04 AM
      #305
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celeste    
    Somehow I had unsubscribed to this thread. I have no memory of doing so. I guess that is appropriate for the over 50 thread............
    Laugh, I would if it wasn't so scary, I went to send something on the bus today, and they asked me for my home phone number, I went all rabbit in head lights, just froze I did not have the first clue what it was!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    DimSum likes this.
         
        09-25-2013, 12:06 AM
      #306
    Trained
    I could also add some stories............
         
        09-25-2013, 11:50 AM
      #307
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celeste    
    I could also add some stories............
    If you could remember them?
    SouthernTrails, bsms and Celeste like this.
         
        09-26-2013, 10:38 PM
      #308
    Yearling
    (drum roll please) One Verilast synthetic knee and 9 Hellish weeks of therapy and this is the result. The grin on my face says it all! Couldn't ride my new mare, her old owner didn't get to the barn in time and I although I had her permission to take the mare out I didn't feel right until the papers were signed. So my trainer lent me one of hers, a lovely tolerant mare.

    I even trotted around the outdoor once and got back off without a block. Had to use one to mount, my new ROBOKNEE doesn't have any "spring"in it all all
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg back iin the saddle cropped.jpg (44.4 KB, 43 views)
         
        09-26-2013, 10:51 PM
      #309
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    If you could remember them?
    Remember what?

    Why did I ask that?, darn part timers must be acting up

    .
    Celeste likes this.
         
        09-26-2013, 10:53 PM
      #310
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DimSum    
    (drum roll please) One Verilast synthetic knee and 9 Hellish weeks of therapy and this is the result. The grin on my face says it all! Couldn't ride my new mare, her old owner didn't get to the barn in time and I although I had her permission to take the mare out I didn't feel right until the papers were signed. So my trainer lent me one of hers, a lovely tolerant mare.

    I even trotted around the outdoor once and got back off without a block. Had to use one to mount, my new ROBOKNEE doesn't have any "spring"in it all all
    Congrats

    .
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0