Horse Talk for Teens! - Page 55
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horse Talk for Teens!

This is a discussion on Horse Talk for Teens! within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

Like Tree631Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-11-2012, 02:34 PM
  #541
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbeginner    
she broke her shoulder pretty much.. right below it, they had to shoot her:"""(((( I cried. But not infront of them..
Why do people shoot a perfectly good horse just because it broke its leg?! If we did that to all horses hardly any would be left
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-11-2012, 02:34 PM
  #542
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittersrox    
lol, who, me? :)
Cheesestick?
     
    08-11-2012, 02:35 PM
  #543
Green Broke
I know^ it sucks... she was such a good horse. And like 3 minutes before I was all talking to her telling her it was going to be okay and petting her and telling her its not going to be bad.. awhh.. But she isn't in pain anymore..:(
     
    08-11-2012, 02:35 PM
  #544
Yearling
Quote:
she broke her shoulder pretty much.. right below it, they had to shoot her:"""(((( I cried. But not infront of them..
I'm sorry that happened, BarrelBeginner!
     
    08-11-2012, 02:36 PM
  #545
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy    
Why do people shoot a perfectly good horse just because it broke its leg?! If we did that to all horses hardly any would be left
You can't just let her suffer. It wasn't fixable.. I am glad they did so. She was in pain for a long time//
     
    08-11-2012, 02:36 PM
  #546
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbeginner    
I know^ it sucks... she was such a good horse. And like 3 minutes before I was all talking to her telling her it was going to be okay and petting her and telling her its not going to be bad.. awhh.. But she isn't in pain anymore..:(
Rehabilitate her and give her an even better life the. Just shooting her for almost no reason.
     
    08-11-2012, 02:42 PM
  #547
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy    
Rehabilitate her and give her an even better life the. Just shooting her for almost no reason.
I'm not trying to start an arguement her but she was already old, she was in pain, she was lame, If you had a bunch of stuff wrong with you and didn't have that much time left anyhow, I just think I was COMPLETELY the right thing to do. Now, if she was a young horse, and it wasn't a bad break, yes I probably would try to fix her. But it wasn't. She completely like snapped it.. not fixable with a 1000 pound animal. Expesically, my boss has 112 other horses to care for. And not that much money to spend on horses that don't necessarily need it. JS
     
    08-11-2012, 08:38 PM
  #548
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelbeginner    
I'm not trying to start an arguement her but she was already old, she was in pain, she was lame, If you had a bunch of stuff wrong with you and didn't have that much time left anyhow, I just think I was COMPLETELY the right thing to do. Now, if she was a young horse, and it wasn't a bad break, yes I probably would try to fix her. But it wasn't. She completely like snapped it.. not fixable with a 1000 pound animal. Expesically, my boss has 112 other horses to care for. And not that much money to spend on horses that don't necessarily need it. JS
Well I didn't know about that.
     
    08-11-2012, 09:25 PM
  #549
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinder    
English lessons- specifically hunt seat and jumping :). What do you do?
Hey awesome person!
I did HUS/ H/J for a few years, did dressage for a year, and now back to hunter jumper again. I also do speed events, western pleasure, and hopefully eventing in the near future!
Cinder likes this.
     
    08-11-2012, 10:30 PM
  #550
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy    
Cheesestick?
Yes please! *grabs cheesestick*
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teens Supporting your own horse. rodeogirl309 Horse Riding 54 04-05-2013 02:10 AM
ideas for horse camps? young and older kids/teens dynamite. Horse Riding 4 08-12-2012 07:42 PM
Any teens on here!?!?! HaflingerHorse General Off Topic Discussion 29 08-15-2009 04:54 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0