Horses traders who are liars! - Page 10
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Horses traders who are liars!

This is a discussion on Horses traders who are liars! within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree84Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
      #91
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hillside farm    
    I think this whole story is a case of Buyers Remorse........
    well Yes but that doesn't mean that the guy didn't promise to take the horse back and not do it. I'd have buyers remorse too if I bought a horse that didn't measure up to what I thought he should be.... She said they paid 6500 for the horse. That's a LOT for the economic climate of today, where people everywhere are GIVING horses away. For that price I'm expecting a horse to be in great shape (she said he was not) perfectly push button trained and have the ability to win at shows.
    Wyhorses likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-11-2012, 04:58 PM
      #92
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WildAcreFarms    
    well Yes but that doesn't mean that the guy didn't promise to take the horse back and not do it. I'd have buyers remorse too if I bought a horse that didn't measure up to what I thought he should be.... She said they paid 6500 for the horse. That's a LOT for the economic climate of today, where people everywhere are GIVING horses away. For that price I'm expecting a horse to be in great shape (she said he was not) perfectly push button trained and have the ability to win at shows.
    I agree in a way.. when I read they paid 6500 for this so called horse.. I cringed.. In this market that could buy you something like an andalusian or a friesian in some cases.. but only refunding 5k is not right if it was in paperwork that he would refund money, but then again coming on multiple forums and verbally bashing this guy.. he could sue you as well and he may end up with the money back.. so you will be out the horse and the money for libel
         
        02-11-2012, 05:22 PM
      #93
    Started
    Unfortanetly I think she is going to have to chalk this one up to a case of lesson learned. If you had nothing in writing, you lucky to have gotten a single cent back because he could have just denied ever saying that. Not to be the spoil-sport but I can't see you getting anymore money back from him.. harsh but true. You can try, but I don't see it happening - here's hoping you prove me wrong.

    Next time, go closer to home, view the horse, try the horse, take it on trial if you can and make sure it is what you want. You will find yourself a perfectly good horse for a fraction of that price.

    Good luck with everything :)
    WildAcreFarms and Wyhorses like this.
         
        02-11-2012, 05:25 PM
      #94
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gingerscout    
    I agree in a way.. when I read they paid 6500 for this so called horse.. I cringed.. In this market that could buy you something like an andalusian or a friesian in some cases.. but only refunding 5k is not right if it was in paperwork that he would refund money, but then again coming on multiple forums and verbally bashing this guy.. he could sue you as well and he may end up with the money back.. so you will be out the horse and the money for libel
    Yes I agree shouting his name all over the forum didn't do her any good or win her any fans LOL but I CERTAINLY Do understand the frustration that someone can feel when they are taken advantage of.
         
        02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
      #95
    Weanling
    excellent advise!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maple    
    Unfortanetly I think she is going to have to chalk this one up to a case of lesson learned. If you had nothing in writing, you lucky to have gotten a single cent back because he could have just denied ever saying that. Not to be the spoil-sport but I can't see you getting anymore money back from him.. harsh but true. You can try, but I don't see it happening - here's hoping you prove me wrong.

    Next time, go closer to home, view the horse, try the horse, take it on trial if you can and make sure it is what you want. You will find yourself a perfectly good horse for a fraction of that price.

    Good luck with everything :)
    Excellent advise directly from the horses mouth LOL.
         
        02-11-2012, 05:45 PM
      #96
    Yearling
    Hummm...the thread seemed fishy to me to. I agree with many of the other posters.
         
        02-11-2012, 10:12 PM
      #97
    Trained
    Sorry, but paying $6500 in this economy for a horse sight unseen is bizarre in its own right. Glad you at least got $5,000 back when it sounds like he didn't want to give you any of your money back, but that horse had better have come with some serious training for that price to begin with. Definitely look closer to home and do a pre-purchase trial next time to make sure it's the horse for you.
         
        04-15-2012, 11:50 AM
      #98
    Foal
    Update! I got all but 700 back! And Lesson learned! I am so busy with work and teenage kids to reply quickly sorry! I don't facebook either LOL Thank you to the supportive and thoughtful replies! :)
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Crooked Horse Traders..... horse2011 Horse Talk 2 03-09-2011 01:18 AM
    Buyers and traders use caution Gidget Tack and Equipment Classifieds 21 01-05-2011 12:38 PM
    Pretty Little Liars? *Warning! Season 1 spoilers!* StormyBlues Movies, Music, and TV 4 11-30-2010 12:00 AM
    Traders please gather! Piaffe Tack and Equipment Classifieds 24 09-27-2010 02:12 AM
    I am really PO'D...for real..some people are liars sandy2u1 Horse Talk 11 09-24-2009 12:24 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0