A few weeks ago I thought I found someone who wanted to lease Cinny with option to buy in the Spring. She test rode him, took my spot in a clinic (that I paid for) and really loved him. She said her husbaand didn't get paid until the 7th and I really liked the way she clicked with Cin so I let it slide even though she told me about all the stuff she was buying for Cinny before she even test rode him and even though I said when she leased she would have access to all my tack. She can buy blankets, halters, bridles, etc but not give even a portion of the board? I should have seen that as a red flag, but I didn't. She was supposed to meet with me on Oct 31 to sign the lease.
Well, I never heard from her on the 31st until I called her. She said she couldn't come because her dog was in labor, but then told me she is meeting my BO about some property her friend was offering for sale that my BO was interested in. I now don't think she was even going to call me to cancel. She said she would call later to rearrange a time. I didn't hear back.
I waited, I emailed with no replay, I waited, I sent a text. I waited I called with no answer or return call. Yesterday was the 7th, never heard from her. I called today and the home phone is disconnected. Left a message on cell for her to call me.
Well, I SUCK at social situations and don't even know how to tell her that I don't want her to lease or buy my horse. I just want to say I changed my mind and leave it at that. My hubby says I need to tell her WHY I changed my mind so that she knows why.
To make matters WORSE she has made arrangements to move her Mini to my stable. My BO has been running around trying to find panels and the things needed to build another Mini pin with the others. I told my BO that I changed my mind about leasing to this person and why. She said she didn't think she was that kind of person. I thought my BO should know as 1) the person may flake on her and 2) if she doesn't there may be barn drama from me changing my mind.
Anyway, what the heck do I say to this person, when/if she calls back? How much longer should I try to get in touch with her. If it were my way I'd say she already has proven SHE is backing out and I shouldn't bother but my hubby says I need to tell her. What to say? What to say?