How do you any level help new people? promote the horse industry?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

How do you any level help new people? promote the horse industry?

This is a discussion on How do you any level help new people? promote the horse industry? within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree3Likes
    • 2 Post By Foxhunter
    • 1 Post By Palomine

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-21-2014, 02:07 AM
      #1
    Weanling
    How do you any level help new people? promote the horse industry?

    I am just hoping to hear cool stories... pick me up. Started post because I was thinking about my own journey and heartaches, learning, and lack of newer people to connect with in my area and my discipline. Luckily I managed to find a new awesome people in rare circumstances. Some times even strangers have brightened my day or a gal that looked at a horse I had for sale filled a void fast friend.. didn't biy my horse lol but gave me something more priceless.

    Any how here goes: As a beginner rider yourself, trainer/starter of new to horses people or problem horses (no don't recommend green for new but some start with a young one), or at smaller level how do you encourage others and promote the growth our love of horses? As intermediate trainer? As a trainer at any level? As a trainer of a specific sport to new or been in industry a while people?

    What has helped you personally grow and keep interest to? What neat fun stories do you have about what others did to promote your growth, interest, or get you through a problem area?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-21-2014, 01:30 PM
      #2
    Super Moderator
    First, I had to read your post twice to even understand it. Your phrasing is not very good at all.

    I am a very experienced person with horses and dogs mainly. I am a tough trainer and a tough teacher and insist that any horse, be it mine or a livery under its owners care, has manners.

    I will help anyone and am not afraid to speak out. Many moons ago there was a child riding a pony that frightened her. The pony was quality and far to sharp for the child. I did what I could to help her knowing it was an accident waiting to happen. What I did not do was to talk to and tell the parents. I was only in my late teens at the time.
    That girl died from an accident with the pony and I vowed and declared never to keep quiet about something I could see was likely to happen.

    As for keeping an interest, I never thought f doing anything other than working with horses. It was a passion. I have met many interesting people, even more interesting horses and, although I am now retired, do not regret a moment of working with animals.
    Palomine and VickiRose like this.
         
        01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nell J    
    I am just hoping to hear cool stories... pick me up. Started post because I was thinking about my own journey and heartaches, learning, and lack of newer people to connect with in my area and my discipline. Luckily I managed to find a new awesome people in rare circumstances. Some times even strangers have brightened my day or a gal that looked at a horse I had for sale filled a void fast friend.. didn't biy my horse lol but gave me something more priceless.

    Any how here goes: As a beginner rider yourself, trainer/starter of new to horses people or problem horses (no don't recommend green for new but some start with a young one), or at smaller level how do you encourage others and promote the growth our love of horses? As intermediate trainer? As a trainer at any level? As a trainer of a specific sport to new or been in industry a while people?

    What has helped you personally grow and keep interest to? What neat fun stories do you have about what others did to promote your growth, interest, or get you through a problem area?

    You really need to read over what you post before you submit it. This whole thing is poorly written and unclear for the most part.
    Foxhunter likes this.
         
        01-21-2014, 03:07 PM
      #4
    Weanling
    How do I delete it... admin?
         
        01-21-2014, 03:08 PM
      #5
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foxhunter    
    First, I had to read your post twice to even understand it. Your phrasing is not very good at all.

    I am a very experienced person with horses and dogs mainly. I am a tough trainer and a tough teacher and insist that any horse, be it mine or a livery under its owners care, has manners.

    I will help anyone and am not afraid to speak out. Many moons ago there was a child riding a pony that frightened her. The pony was quality and far to sharp for the child. I did what I could to help her knowing it was an accident waiting to happen. What I did not do was to talk to and tell the parents. I was only in my late teens at the time.
    That girl died from an accident with the pony and I vowed and declared never to keep quiet about something I could see was likely to happen.

    As for keeping an interest, I never thought f doing anything other than working with horses. It was a passion. I have met many interesting people, even more interesting horses and, although I am now retired, do not regret a moment of working with animals.
    Could you please delete the post for me? Thanks!
         
        01-21-2014, 03:12 PM
      #6
    Weanling
    Rephrase the question: What do you feel is important in helping to promote the growth of the horse industry?

    Still delete the post please. I worded it funny and I apologize. I was trying to make sure all people felt included in giving input and it came out confusing.
         
        01-21-2014, 03:14 PM
      #7
    Weanling
    I really need to stop posting. That one I reread myself and edited. I don't have the writing skills for forums. I usually have people commenting on my poor grammar and sentence structure. I apologize!
         
        01-21-2014, 03:28 PM
      #8
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nell J    
    I really need to stop posting. That one I reread myself and edited. I don't have the writing skills for forums. I usually have people commenting on my poor grammar and sentence structure. I apologize!
    That is all right. The post will not be deleted as there is no reason to. What you must do is to read through each post and edit it so it is understandable for all.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Do you feel the rein industry is growing? Brings in new people? Nell J Reining 11 04-07-2014 06:35 PM
    Top Level Show Horse - Low Level Rider Mckellar Horse Shows 17 07-28-2012 08:09 PM
    HOw to get in Horse industry??? andimax Meet the Community 3 06-26-2011 06:16 PM
    The economy--and the horse industry charroit Horse Talk 27 03-14-2009 08:49 AM
    Let's promote the Canadian Horse *LOTS pics* My2Geldings Horse Breeds 15 02-19-2009 04:02 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0