To me it sounds like you're not sure if you want to commit to any horse?
I can understand, especially in today's economy it can be really hard to move horses on, and afford them, and if she is the wrong horse you might find yourself stuck with her. It can be a bit of a risk to take.
People talk about "perfect" men and "perfect" horses, but to me there is no such thing. Perfect means without flaw, or exactly right but I don't believe anything living is without flaw, or exactly right, because they have minds and bodies that you cannot control, and that you cannot know.
If you don't want the horse don't get it. If you want to wait around sure, but look at why you are waiting and what you want.
Even if the horse ticks all your boxes doesn't mean its suitable for you. Some horses you just won't like, and others you will, and its same with people. Some times something suits you well, or badly, for no apparent reason.
If you're not ready wait. Don't get a horse because it seems just right, get a horse because you really, really want it.
That's a great way to put it.
Well, she didnt respond to the call on her house phone, so I called her cell phone last night (Im probably every sellers worst nightmare--I have your phone numbers and email
), and left a brief message just saying it was me, calling about the mare, if she could give me a call back at her earliest convenience that would be great. That was last night. Still, no reply to email and no return of call.
I'm actually WORRIED at this point. Even if she has changed her mind and decided she wont sell the mare, or sold her to someone else, it seems really odd she wouldnt call or email (she doesn't work, she lives alone, she's had health problems lately and spends a fair amount of time at home.) I'm seriously, WORRIED about HER. Last time I spoke with her she had just lost her favorite dog in a very unexpected way, and she was really down. I'm worried something has happened to her.
What if something HAPPENED to her?
And the clock is ticking--I have a bid for a GREAT (like I couldn't even drive up there and haul her back at this price) bid on uship for shipping this mare, and it expires saturday. I cant accept that bid til I know if I have the horse.
And classes are coming up fast here, starting next week. It's just like everything is on a stopwatch now.