Just talk to her. It sounds like when she made the decision that you didn't care as much. Perhaps it was a "I don't want to pay if they're not being used" situation. Perhaps if you tell her how you feel she'll be open to keeping Bear, or waiting longer.
Talking is always good, and if she says no then that is the way it is, but at least you tried.