I purchased a filly ! -Picture heavy- - Page 2 - The Horse Forum

 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 1,462
• Horses: 2
Haha I don't mind something video game related considering I am a WOW fan myself ;)

Thank you guys ! Would you happen to know anything about the dams bloodlines ? I tried to search her on allhorsequery but oddly she isnt coming up..

I love Celestial Wonder too!


I was thinking possibly if on top of a fly mask, if a fly sheet would help prevent sunburns at all ? Opinions ?
TwisterRush is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 225
• Horses: 3
She has Two Eye Jack, Hancock, Bar, Peppy, Lark, and Leo which are all top cow horse lines and great producers. However she is heavily breed on all of these lines so if you intend on breeding her PLEASE only breed to horses without these line. New top lines are coming up every year that would be more then compatible. Most of her lines are well known in the competition ring.

As for a registered name "Raising the Celestial Bar"

~Set Your Heart Free on the Wings of a Horse~
Mr. Sunshine

Last edited by Nuala; 08-23-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Nuala is offline  
post #13 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 1,462
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuala View Post
She has Two Eye Jack, Hancock, Bar, Peppy, Lark, and Leo which are all top cow horse lines and great producers. However she is heavily breed on all of these lines so if you intend on breeding her PLEASE only breed to horses without these line. New top lines are coming up every year that would be more then compatible. Most of her lines are well known in the competition ring.

As for a registered name "Raising the Celestial Bar"
Okay thank you ! I will keep that in mind should I decide to breed her, I had never thought of staying out of those lines, but I'm guessing that would be to much in breeding and of course that would not be wanted.

I would consider her to breeding for my own use, for a next horse YEARS down the road when she has proven herself in some way.

Thank you for the name suggestion !
TwisterRush is offline  
post #14 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dallas, NC
Posts: 96
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisterRush View Post
If anyone could help me with her bloodlines, she shares the same sire as my friend Solstices filly, who is impressive bred.. no worries on the genetic wise as we do feel anything wrong will have been bred out by now, but I'm not sure on the Dam... what do you think she has for line breeding, I'm not to familiar with QH bloodlines other then two eyed jack, etc etc.
Cute mare, but please be careful, just because impressive is far back in the line (which they all are at this point) she can still have HYPP just as strong as Impressive himself had. Get her checked, simple and cheap. Just pull a few hairs with the roots and mail them off, costs about 30.00.
Copperhead likes this.
Chardavej is offline  
post #15 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 976
• Horses: 6
She's beautiful!

Id be very careful in the summer with her! She's got pink skin so she's going to burn VERY easily! Especially around the eyes and on her nose!
Critter sitter likes this.
TexasBlaze is offline  
post #16 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 1,462
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlaze View Post
She's beautiful!

Id be very careful in the summer with her! She's got pink skin so she's going to burn VERY easily! Especially around the eyes and on her nose!


Yes I am aware of the potential to burn due to the pink skin she has.
TwisterRush is offline  
post #17 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 1,462
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
Cute mare, but please be careful, just because impressive is far back in the line (which they all are at this point) she can still have HYPP just as strong as Impressive himself had. Get her checked, simple and cheap. Just pull a few hairs with the roots and mail them off, costs about 30.00.
Would I talk to a vet about the test in regards for this ? I was planning on having her checked when I had registered her.
TwisterRush is offline  
post #18 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,432
• Horses: 1
I run the other way when Impressive is mentioned. A negative tested horse is fine, even though I would never buy one regardless. If someone else does, that's their choice and chance and I honestly hope they do well together.

What if this filly turns out positive? I hope she is a happy, healthy filly. But that's something I would have tested for before I bought her. But what's a deal breaker to me might not be a deal breaker to someone else.

I'm really not a light colored horse person, but a lot of people love how those creamy horses shine and they do clean up nicely! Use lots of sunscreen. Also, they make sun guards that attach to the horses halter that shields their nose from the sun.
Copperhead is offline  
post #19 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 1,462
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I run the other way when Impressive is mentioned. A negative tested horse is fine, even though I would never buy one regardless. If someone else does, that's their choice and chance and I honestly hope they do well together.

What if this filly turns out positive? I hope she is a happy, healthy filly. But that's something I would have tested for before I bought her. But what's a deal breaker to me might not be a deal breaker to someone else.

I'm really not a light colored horse person, but a lot of people love how those creamy horses shine and they do clean up nicely! Use lots of sunscreen. Also, they make sun guards that attach to the horses halter that shields their nose from the sun.
I have a friend on this forum who also purchased a half sister to mine, and the chances of her having it, is very slim. But I can still understand the concern and I am not worried.
TwisterRush is offline  
post #20 of 38 Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Soon to be South Carolina
Posts: 882
• Horses: 0
How about Ms Celestial Conclusion? Or scratch the Ms.
Posted via Mobile Device
BarrelWannabe is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My horse, TBx or just TB? (Picture heavy) EvilHorseOfDoom Horse Breeds 12 06-30-2012 01:45 AM
How you got your first horse! (picture heavy) aggiegirl14 Horse Talk 21 01-28-2012 06:59 PM
I just purchased my first filly. What color is she? CupidsBlessing Horse Colors and Genetics 10 06-28-2011 02:47 PM
As many CC as possible please. Picture Heavy Bashkir Horse Riding Critique 11 08-18-2010 03:51 PM
heavy filly ilovemydun Horse Health 1 11-02-2007 01:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome