Well an update!
I havent been on here for quite some time and I just read thru the posts I hadnt seen before.
I don't want to sound mean to anyone, I really respect and appreciate all advice and opinions given. I will just clarify the reasons I had to sell each horse.
My bf and I broke up because we needed time, and in the heat of the moment, he took away the privelages of seeing my horses. Two were at his boss's farm (the mare and the stud colt) and my gelding was at the farm where his stepdad works. I sold the gelding because he bucked me off about 2 weeks before we broke up. The gelding, cherokee, had been giving me attitude for sometime while riding, and I was getting sick of it. He would be good one ride, then the next, he was pretty much a horse from hell. So I decided to sell him before any of this happened.
When I decided that I was going to sell cherokee, I decided to put the other two up for sale and see what would happen. I got the stud colt from my great uncle because he didnt want to take care of him anymore, and I sold him because didnt really want a stud around the farm. I took him because they didnt want him, and he was just an awesome little colt. I sold the mare because I knew it would be awhile before I would get another horse to keep her company, and when she is alone, she loses weight and doesnt eat.
The bf did have some influence on it, as I didnt want my horses to sit by themselves and get no people attention, which wouldve happened, if I woulda kept them.
Brock likes horses, but he is super busy at work this time of year, and he wouldnt have been able to take proper care of them, or continue smokeys training.
I am looking into buying the mare, smokey, back. Brock and I got back together after we talked things out, and are going to work on our relationship. We are looking at getting a couple new horses.
I kno, I kno, what if it happens again and I have to sell off the horses again? Well it wont, but if this happens again, my uncle said he would be more than happy to have the horses at his place. He has a farm only about 15 minutes from where I live.
It was a decision that was thought through long and hard about getting back together with brock, but I think its the right thing to do. He doesnt have a problem with me having horses, he actually liked them all alot.
We are going to look at a horse on saturday. She looks promising and is pretty cheap. She looks healthy, and I talked to her owner, and she guarantees she is sound and healthy. I will post a link to her for sale ad in a little bit when I get off work. I will also post links to other horses we are thinking about.
Thanks for all the advice and opinions.
Posted via Mobile Device