Insalting other peoples horses - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Insalting other peoples horses

This is a discussion on Insalting other peoples horses within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree1Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-07-2009, 06:47 PM
      #21
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eventerwannabe    
    Would you mind explaining Judecca. Im guessing that you are younger, so I would like to hear your side of this "issue."

    Please and thank you! (:
    I'm 18. Explain what, though, exactly?

    "I can tell you that it's not jealousy. That may be the case sometimes, but not always. Guarantee it." As I said, it's not always jealousy. It's pretty easy for human beings to shrug off anything negative that's said as long as they chalk it up to jealousy. If a group of kids makes fun of a girl for being unattractive, what do we tell her? They're just jealous! Of course that's going to make us feel better, but in reality, that's not always the case. I've known horses that I've insulted and felt no desire whatsoever to possess or even be around, so I can tell you that it's not always jealousy.

    "Adults apparently don't realise we don't all have the some moral and ethical codes that dictate our behaviour. ;)" Of course, that was sort of sarcastic. But we all have different ethical codes, right? Some of us bite our tongues and only say things that are nice - If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. But some of us don't believe in that. Some of us believe it's better to speak the honest, brutal truth, regardless of others' reactions. And we believe others should be able to accept that - although not necessarily like it or approve. I don't approve of biting my tongue, but you know what? If someone else wants to do it, then have at it. And I think it's only fair that if someone else doesn't approve of such brutal honesty and speaking ones mind, that's fine, but don't say no one can just because that's not your way of life. I speak my mind because I think that's something we should all do. It's liberating. Imagine how much less stressed everyone would be if they could just say what they thought! Imagine the money saved on therapy! I don't expect others to be that way, but I expect (or at least ask that they do) accept my decision to be that way. Doesn't make me immature, mean, or bitchy. I just don't believe in stifling myself in the interest of what others think is and isn't appropriate. I'd rather decide for myself what is and isn't appropriate, and let others decide for themselves.

    Wow, that was such a huge rant. Sorry! XD This is just something I feel very strongly about. I've received a lot of crap from people - even family has rejected me - because of how I am. And no matter how hard I try to explain that it's just what I believe, that's all, no one seems to get it.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-07-2009, 06:54 PM
      #22
    Started
    If you must speak the honest, brutal truth about something, then so be it. Just don't be nasty and hateful about it. Which I believe I already said.

    Again, I don't believe that everything has to be rainbows and butterflies. But it does have to be respectful and spoken with lightness. Not every truthful statement must be insulting. Ethics and morals shouldn't have anything to do with that.
         
        10-07-2009, 06:59 PM
      #23
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeahKathleen    
    If you must speak the honest, brutal truth about something, then so be it. Just don't be nasty and hateful about it. Which I believe I already said.

    Again, I don't believe that everything has to be rainbows and butterflies. But it does have to be respectful and spoken with lightness. Not every truthful statement must be insulting. Ethics and morals shouldn't have anything to do with that.
    I believe in respect only to those who deserve it. Therefore, I will offer no respect to someone who I don't feel does. Again, that doesn't have to be your belief, and you can be the complete opposite, but that doesn't mean I can't be the person I wish to be. There's a quote from The Satanic Bible that states it well: "The Satanist...should have the ability to decide what is just." And I believe everyone should have that ability and live by it.
         
        10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
      #24
    Foal
    GEEZE People were rude. I would NEVER say that to someone about their horse. That's not what I was taught to do. Im sorry you had to deal with that because your horses are beautiful. Sorry if I make any typos. Im typing one handed and eating the pizza with the hand im not typing with lol.
         
        10-07-2009, 07:04 PM
      #25
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeahKathleen    
    If you must speak the honest, brutal truth about something, then so be it. Just don't be nasty and hateful about it. Which I believe I already said.

    Again, I don't believe that everything has to be rainbows and butterflies. But it does have to be respectful and spoken with lightness. Not every truthful statement must be insulting. Ethics and morals shouldn't have anything to do with that.
    I agree with you 1,000000000000,00000000000000000000000,00000000000 ,0,,,,,,00000% lol.
         
        10-07-2009, 07:14 PM
      #26
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Goddess of Judecca    
    "Adults apparently don't realise we don't all have the some moral and ethical codes that dictate our behaviour. ;)"

    I don't approve of biting my tongue, but you know what? If someone else wants to do it, then have at it. And I think it's only fair that if someone else doesn't approve of such brutal honesty and speaking ones mind, that's fine, but don't say no one can just because that's not your way of life. I speak my mind because I think that's something we should all do.

    I've received a lot of crap from people - even family has rejected me - because of how I am. And no matter how hard I try to explain that it's just what I believe, that's all, no one seems to get it.

    This is true only to a point.

    It is pretty much an unspoken set of mores that unless you are critiquing a horse you do not say nasty things about it (and even then there are ways of saying what may be wrong without resorting to the basest words in our vocabulary). Most horsemen know this and I can understand why your family may have seperated themselves from you if you throw away that which seperates us from those that have little concern or feelings.

    I have certainly not been behind the door in critisism but never ever would I stoop to referring to one's horse in an ill manner. They did not ask to be born with problems or something unfixable. Humans on the other hand CAN change if they have the will for it and I will go after choices they may have made.

    There is another forum that some HF members are a part of that allow the insulting of your horse with support from their admin and what was said on the HF thread referred to in the original post is mild by comparison.
         
        10-07-2009, 07:16 PM
      #27
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Goddess of Judecca    
    I believe in respect only to those who deserve it. Therefore, I will offer no respect to someone who I don't feel does. Again, that doesn't have to be your belief, and you can be the complete opposite, but that doesn't mean I can't be the person I wish to be. There's a quote from The Satanic Bible that states it well: "The Satanist...should have the ability to decide what is just." And I believe everyone should have that ability and live by it.
    I certainly am glad that this forum's Conscientious Etiquette Policy wasn't based on the Satanic Bible. ;]

    You can believe what you want, but you do have to follow this forum's rules in order to continue posting here.

    If you choose not to respect those that you do not feel have earned your respect, that's certainly your choice. To each his or her own.

    Feel what you choose. Speak what is warranted, and do so in such a way that no one should have to question whether or not the forum as a whole wishes to continue to allow you to post.

    "The Horse Forum was created so that people can discuss horses in a friendly, fun, helpful environment. While the Horse Forum is open to the public, we reserve the right to restrict access to those who undermine our efforts to preserve the character of the community.

    Please exercise what we call conscientious etiquette when you post. This means that you keep the objective of preserving the forum's friendly, fun, helpful environment in the forefront of your mind as you write your message.

    If your post is nasty, condescending, rude, etc., regardless of how subtle, and whether shrouded in the form of opinion or otherwise, it is subject to be removed and your access to the Horse Forum may be restricted.

    This applies to the Critique forum as well. People come here because they are passionate about their horses. Naturally, a biting critique about an animal a person is passionate about can be very hurtful. While a request for critique implicitly invites criticism, the sensitive nature of such topics is all the more reason to post conscientiously, keeping the other person's feelings in mind.

    Our interest in preserving the nature of the community trumps our interest in allowing everyone to share their opinion here. If you can't share your opinion in such a way so as to preserve the friendly, fun, helpful nature of the community, don't.

    Please exercise conscientious etiquette when you post. Please use the alert button to notify the Horse Forum Staff when you read something by somebody who clearly hasn't."
         
        10-07-2009, 07:22 PM
      #28
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spyder    
    This is true only to a point.

    It is pretty much an unspoken set of mores that unless you are critiquing a horse you do not say nasty things about it (and even then there are ways of saying what may be wrong without resorting to the basest words in our vocabulary). Most horsemen know this and I can understand why your family may have seperated themselves from you if you throw away that which seperates us from those that have little concern or feelings.

    I have certainly not been behind the door in critisism but never ever would I stoop to referring to one's horse in an ill manner. They did not ask to be born with problems or something unfixable. Humans on the other hand CAN change if they have the will for it and I will go after choices they may have made.

    There is another forum that some HF members are a part of that allow the insulting of your horse with support from their admin and what was said on the HF thread referred to in the original post is mild by comparison.
    And I would never, ever treat a horse a certain way because of something physical (or mental, in unusual cases), but that doesn't mean I won't say it. I've had friends who were very unattractive, and I may say so (not to their faces, because I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings), but I wouldn't mistreat them for it. There's a difference between being honest and maltreating others.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeahKathleen    
    I certainly am glad that this forum's Conscientious Etiquette Policy wasn't based on the Satanic Bible. ;]

    You can believe what you want, but you do have to follow this forum's rules in order to continue posting here.

    If you choose not to respect those that you do not feel have earned your respect, that's certainly your choice. To each his or her own.

    Feel what you choose. Speak what is warranted, and do so in such a way that no one should have to question whether or not the forum as a whole wishes to continue to allow you to post.

    "The Horse Forum was created so that people can discuss horses in a friendly, fun, helpful environment. While the Horse Forum is open to the public, we reserve the right to restrict access to those who undermine our efforts to preserve the character of the community.

    Please exercise what we call conscientious etiquette when you post. This means that you keep the objective of preserving the forum's friendly, fun, helpful environment in the forefront of your mind as you write your message.

    If your post is nasty, condescending, rude, etc., regardless of how subtle, and whether shrouded in the form of opinion or otherwise, it is subject to be removed and your access to the Horse Forum may be restricted.

    This applies to the Critique forum as well. People come here because they are passionate about their horses. Naturally, a biting critique about an animal a person is passionate about can be very hurtful. While a request for critique implicitly invites criticism, the sensitive nature of such topics is all the more reason to post conscientiously, keeping the other person's feelings in mind.

    Our interest in preserving the nature of the community trumps our interest in allowing everyone to share their opinion here. If you can't share your opinion in such a way so as to preserve the friendly, fun, helpful nature of the community, don't.

    Please exercise conscientious etiquette when you post. Please use the alert button to notify the Horse Forum Staff when you read something by somebody who clearly hasn't."
    "In Satanism, one is free to do whatever they want, so long as they are responsible and accept the consequences, with nothing considered immoral, and any rules (i.e. Sins) in the Satanic Bible considered guidelines for the benefit of the individual Satanist."

    I can accept if I get banned because I have gone against the rules of the forum. I can't even begin to tell you how many forums I've been banned from, and as long as the reason is actually because I broke rules, I'm okay with it. But that doesn't change who I am or what I believe.
         
        10-07-2009, 07:24 PM
      #29
    Yearling
    Very interesting views Judecca! I do see your point, but like a lot of others, I don't see the point in saying something rude about ones horse if its not asked of (a.i. When someone just posts some pictures of their horse saying how proud they are of the for jumping 3' for the first time, then someone replying saying that their horse is ugly and that it shouldnt be jumping 3' because it sucks at it). Sure, someone is going to say something rude, there is no way to avoid that, but does that mean that we who done believe in that have to just sit there and take it? No.

    To everyone else, all of you have good statements!

    Feel free to share your stories on people insulting your horse and you not enjoying it, or if you have intulted a horse and someone gave you a hard time about it. Im not going to say anything rude to anyone on here, and if you feel I did, please tell me right away.

    JustDressageIt: I have to say, im very happy she was banned. She went to far with many people! Thank you for informing me. And also, thank you mods! (:
         
        10-07-2009, 07:27 PM
      #30
    Started
    Judecca, no one wishes to change what you believe. That is not my right nor anyone else's. But like you said - rules are rules.

    Here, each thing we choose to say must adhere to the aforementioned rules.

    This thread is about being rude on this forum - and each of my points has been valid on those grounds thus far.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    You can now access members' horses via the Horses tab above their avatars Mike_Admin Horse Forum Rules and Announcements 20 09-04-2010 07:13 PM
    HATE peoples ignorance just because hes "free"....RANT AlmagroN Horse Health 32 09-07-2009 06:49 PM
    4 Horses for sale --- ALSO, buying horses within 100 miles girl_on_black_pony Horses for Sale 3 09-20-2008 08:42 PM
    calling all brisbane peoples jazzyrider Horse Health 7 01-08-2008 03:08 AM
    Here are some peoples signatures!!! * Dusky Cowgirl * Horse Pictures 6 03-05-2007 03:02 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0