Insalting other peoples horses - Page 6
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Insalting other peoples horses

This is a discussion on Insalting other peoples horses within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree1Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
      #51
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeahKathleen    
    Why would you be hurt in being reminded by someone that you are not attractive? Your worth is not based on aesthetic value... right?

    I take pride in how I care for my horses. I take pride in their muscle tone, the shone on their coats, and strength of their movements. I take pride in their breeding, in their conformation, and in their personalities.

    You can take pride in whatever you like. I take pride in my horses' appearances as well as their personalities and performance.

    In your own words - not everyone believes the same thing. In that light, not everyone is hurt by the same things.
    Wrong. My worth as a human being, in my opinion, is affected by my looks. I don't think that's true for everyone, but oh well, that's how I feel.

    I take pride in how big my boobs are, but that doesn't mean I mind if someone tells me they're not big enough (or are too big). It's things I'm insecure about, things I can't take pride in that I'm hurt by. But my love for my animals - not what I take pride in, which is different - has no basis on their looks. An AQHA person may take pride in their beefy stallion, but I look at them and want to spew my lunch. I may take pride in my OTTB, but an AQHA person may look at his scrawny frame and want to spew their lunch. Personal preference is fine.

    I knew what I was saying half way through this post, but then I got distracted and lost my train of thought. So yes. It was present, but now it's become lost in the wilderness.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-07-2009, 08:25 PM
      #52
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove    
    But denny is gorgeous when he is moving! And at least he's homely in a really adorable want-to-love-him-and-give-him-cookies way when he's ugly!
    teehee thank you! I would take Diesel anyday, by the way.
         
        10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
      #53
    Trained
    And I would take Denny even if he is goofy looking while stationary :P
         
        10-07-2009, 08:31 PM
      #54
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Goddess of Judecca    
    Out of curiosity, why does it matter so much it someone insults your horse? Why be so defensive? Are you afraid it's true? I would assume not, so what's the big deal? You may not think they need to say it, but it seems the issue is more that they think it, not that they say it.
    I have all three of my horses. I have rehabbed them and have seen at them at their worst and their best. When I hear someone down on them, it makes me very upset because of what they have been through. My horses are my best friends. If someone downs on my friend, I get pretty defenseve. No, I am not afraid of the truth, not at all.

    Junior, the horse that LOTV was downing on has had a harder life then all three of my horses. The story is in the thread I linked from the original post on this thread (sorry if that was confusing). If someone thinks that my horses are pieces of sh*t, so be it, but that doesnt mean that they have to voice their opinion and be rude while doing it. LOTV would say very rude thing, then when someone when to explain she would just say, "sorry, your post was to long for me to care about."

    Like I said, people can think what they thing of me, but when they say something about my horses, that just doesnt fly.
         
        10-07-2009, 08:38 PM
      #55
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eventerwannabe    
    I have all three of my horses. I have rehabbed them and have seen at them at their worst and their best. When I hear someone down on them, it makes me very upset because of what they have been through. My horses are my best friends. If someone downs on my friend, I get pretty defenseve. No, I am not afraid of the truth, not at all.

    Junior, the horse that LOTV was downing on has had a harder life then all three of my horses. The story is in the thread I linked from the original post on this thread (sorry if that was confusing). If someone thinks that my horses are pieces of sh*t, so be it, but that doesnt mean that they have to voice their opinion and be rude while doing it. LOTV would say very rude thing, then when someone when to explain she would just say, "sorry, your post was to long for me to care about."

    Like I said, people can think what they thing of me, but when they say something about my horses, that just doesnt fly.
    Your horses don't have to go through more or less because of what someone says. It doesn't affect them in any way, so why should it affect you? A dog at my mom's has had a really hard life (she is mostly blind because of the maltreatment she received), and she is freaking ugly. I mean ugly as sin. But, ****, do I love that dog, and I'm okay with people telling me she's ugly or whatever. Her eyes are weird-looking because of her blindness, and one girl said that she was kinda freaked out by it. I was just like, yeah, I can understand that, even though I'm not, and I don't think it should be held against the dog personally.

    Well, if someone was complaining and whining at you for, like, four paragraphs for a sentence or two you said, would you really feel like reading it all and then responding?
         
        10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
      #56
    Yearling
    Eventer, it really, honestly is true that people who made rude, nasty comments have their own issues, regardless of what they claim. Don't take anything like that to heart, just pity whatever could have gone wrong in their lives to make them feel so badly about themselves.
         
        10-07-2009, 08:41 PM
      #57
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvmyperch    
    Eventer, it really, honestly is true that people who made rude, nasty comments have their own issues, regardless of what they claim. Don't take anything like that to heart, just pity whatever could have gone wrong in their lives to make them feel so badly about themselves.
    Wait, I'm genuinely confused. People say that a horse is ugly because they have severe emotional issues due to past trauma? Lolwut? X)
         
        10-07-2009, 08:47 PM
      #58
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Goddess of Judecca    
    Well, if someone was complaining and whining at you for, like, four paragraphs for a sentence or two you said, would you really feel like reading it all and then responding?
    That made me giggle a bit. What I wrote in that thread was Junior's life story, not me nagging about LOTV being down right rude.

    And just like Leah, I take pride in my entire horse. And yes, Bear may not be the best looking horse (that is more based on the original post), but does that mean I want someone to point that out? Does that mean I want them to tell me how fugly he is? Does that mean that it's okay for them to tell me how fugly he is? NO.

    I am not okay with someone telling me, in a rude way, that my horse doesnt look the best. I am okay with them telling me that he does have a few confo flaws (even though, in Bear's case, it's more then a few) though, in a NICE way. End of story.

    Just have to say, im loving how their are six pages and I just started this thread today. "/
         
        10-07-2009, 08:59 PM
      #59
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eventerwannabe    
    That made me giggle a bit. What I wrote in that thread was Junior's life story, not me nagging about LOTV being down right rude.

    And just like Leah, I take pride in my entire horse. And yes, Bear may not be the best looking horse (that is more based on the original post), but does that mean I want someone to point that out? Does that mean I want them to tell me how fugly he is? Does that mean that it's okay for them to tell me how fugly he is? NO.

    I am not okay with someone telling me, in a rude way, that my horse doesnt look the best. I am okay with them telling me that he does have a few confo flaws (even though, in Bear's case, it's more then a few) though, in a NICE way. End of story.

    Just have to say, im loving how their are six pages and I just started this thread today. "/
    How would his life story affect whether he's fugly or not? Even if that was the case, I probably wouldn't read it if someone was giving me the life story of a horse in an argument. Or the life story of anything, really.

    If you're not okay with it, that's fine, although I don't see the reasoning behind it at all. But there's no need to act like someone who doesn't care is the most heartless, soulless, cruelest sociopath you've ever met who deserves to be burned at the stake. It'd be one thing if they were attacking a horse just because they didn't like the owner when it wasn't warranted and then complained when others did that to them.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    You can now access members' horses via the Horses tab above their avatars Mike_Admin Horse Forum Rules and Announcements 20 09-04-2010 07:13 PM
    HATE peoples ignorance just because hes "free"....RANT AlmagroN Horse Health 32 09-07-2009 06:49 PM
    4 Horses for sale --- ALSO, buying horses within 100 miles girl_on_black_pony Horses for Sale 3 09-20-2008 08:42 PM
    calling all brisbane peoples jazzyrider Horse Health 7 01-08-2008 03:08 AM
    Here are some peoples signatures!!! * Dusky Cowgirl * Horse Pictures 6 03-05-2007 03:02 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0