interstate horse transport

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

interstate horse transport

This is a discussion on interstate horse transport within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Interstate horse transport cost
  • Hauling horses interstate

LinkBack Thread Tools
    09-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Green Broke
Question interstate horse transport

I just entered into an escrow in the next state, AZ, & am wondering what I have to do to take my horses to their new home. I've been there a few times & going into AZ doesn't seem to be a problem, but what if I want to came back for a few days & ride w/my friends? They (2 horses) both are registered, should I get them transferred into my name? Is that really necessary? Coming into CA can be tough, they seem to have all the roads manned by inspectors. Will I need Coggins? Something else? I wonder how different AZ (Kingman) will be from So Cal? As it may pertain to the horses. I do plan on building shelters as I have here, & adding misters also. 1 horse is quite "lippy" though so I may have a problem w/her. I will be on a water haul,& we were thinking of having a seperate water tank for the horses. I am very excited to become the owner of a 13+ acre spread.
Sponsored Links
    10-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Green Broke
Does anyone know the answer to this? I'm not sure it's showing up anywhere. I'm so excited to get some land! And get away from all the hub-bub of So cal. The new place is so peaceful & quite!
    10-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure if Google would yield any concrete answers, just you should try. Or contact a vet or livestock-related lawyer to be 100% sure.

I would imagine a negative Coggins and possibly a clean bill of health from a vet would be required for interstate travel, but, again, contact someone with that kind of expertise. Don't quote me on this, but I think a Coggins can be considered a valid proof of ownership. Something else to ask.

ETA: Found an answer with Google.
"Equines (horses, donkeys, zebra & mules): Must be free of contagious diseases. Equines entering the state require a CVI (Health Certificate) and a negative Equine Infectious Anemia (EIA) test within six (6) months of entry. Foals under 6 months are exempt from the negative EIA test only if they are traveling with their negative mother. A California entry permit is not required for equines to enter the state." Under Livestock.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are you looking for horse transport?? Golden Horse Horse Talk 0 03-21-2011 08:21 PM
Horse Transport Kimberly4403 Horse Trailers 1 02-07-2010 08:46 PM
I need a good horse transport co!!!! DisneyCowgirl1901 Horse Talk 2 10-23-2009 04:20 PM
horse transport price bloodhoundmom28 Horse Talk 3 09-18-2009 11:43 AM
Looking to transport my horse... Solo Horse Trailers 3 07-19-2009 04:37 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0