I have decided to sell Vega.
I had yet another bad ride on her, that had the potential for me to get seriously injured. The Bo's husband got injured by her stepping on his foot/ankle (though that was due to another horse) But she was also lashing out at me.
And I know why. It's because I just don't have the experience to train a 5 year old. I have no idea how much to sell her for, or what exactly to get after I sell her, but I do know she needs to go. As much as it breaks my heart, i'm starting to loose interest in riding and in horses in general.
Tom is not happy with it, and I understand because he bought her for me, and it's just hard making him understand that I don't have the experience to deal with her, so why not sell her to someone that has the experience to work with her.
I do have the name and number of a trainer that I could send Vega to for a month... but i'm not sure if I, personally, want to do that.. hoping for a miracle. She might be fine at the trainers but when I get her back, she'll fall into the same routine. I just want an uncomplicated horse to ride....
I just browsed on a site that has horses for sale...I found 6 that I liked. They all seem to be western horses, but that doesn't mean that I can't do both with them. And they're all geldings too. I'm getting out of owning a mare. As much as I love not having to sheath clean, I much rather clean them than deal with moody mares.
So that's where I currently stand with Vega. *sigh*