Just one of those "head to desk moments" of the craigslist horse world. - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Just one of those "head to desk moments" of the craigslist horse world.

This is a discussion on Just one of those "head to desk moments" of the craigslist horse world. within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Craigslist horse job

Like Tree50Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
  #11
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMonkeyWrench    
Sorry you think I need to unwind, but I said nothing about the horses condition bothered me. The ad itself made me giggle. Maybe your the one who needs to unwind a bit....

"Head to Desk Moment" That is not "giggling"

You were making fun of them and you don't even know them, they are taking good care of a horse that they obviously care for.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-17-2012, 12:17 PM
  #12
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
Wow! You need to go get a job on the physic hot line.

Do any of you self righteous posters ever think that maybe they just got the horse?

Maybe they were saying it was PG informing any potential buyers of her condition.

Maybe they are being responsible owners getting rid of a horse they can no longer afford, instead of dumping at the nearest sale.

Maybe the horse was a relatives’ who can no longer care for the animal and someone other than the owner is selling it for them.

I think they might know how to care for a horse, I have seen a lot worse on this forum owned by "responsible and knowledgeable" horse owners.

As far as saying it was “broke”, God forbid two times. Maybe because of the low price the owners wanted to reiterate the fact that the horse was indeed broke.

You all need to go find a hobby, maybe go read the recent thread about snobby horse people.
And your reasonings are as much based on guesswork as mine are so you must be up for the same psychic job as I am
Fact is most horses on Craigslist that have as scant and oddly phrased descriptions as this one usually do come from totally inexperienced people. If I were selling this horse it would have way more explanation of what it had done, basic details and how the foal was bred - not just the pregnant bit as an after thought
Really I don't think my comment warranted such a blast. Sit back and take some deep breaths
     
    10-17-2012, 12:39 PM
  #13
Trained
Let us all sit back, relax,.and remember....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg This_is_a_happy_moment_.jpg (46.3 KB, 155 views)
jaydee and Inga like this.
     
    10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
  #14
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee    
And your reasonings are as much based on guesswork as mine are so you must be up for the same psychic job as I am
Fact is most horses on Craigslist that have as scant and oddly phrased descriptions as this one usually do come from totally inexperienced people. If I were selling this horse it would have way more explanation of what it had done, basic details and how the foal was bred - not just the pregnant bit as an after thought
Really I don't think my comment warranted such a blast. Sit back and take some deep breaths
I said maybe before every comment; I did not state anything as fact.

That of course that is how you would word your add, the posters of the craigslist add worded theirs different.

Read your post again, it was very condescending to someone you do not know, will most likely never meet. You have no idea how this horse got PG or if the owners "ever studied biology"

I think this entire thread borders on Bullying, because some think the Craigslist poster is not as educated about horses as everyone else.

Who cares, they are taking care of their horse.
     
    10-17-2012, 01:24 PM
  #15
Green Broke
Atleast the horse is well cared for and maybe the bred her thinkinh they could afford it but found ouy the couldn't and are now doing the responsible thing trying to find her a better home. It makes it even better that she is broke as most that people try to sell likr that are barely even halter broke. I see nothinh wrong with this ad
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    10-17-2012, 01:41 PM
  #16
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
I said maybe before every comment; I did not state anything as fact.
I didnt state anything as fact either - just my own thinking
That of course that is how you would word your add, the posters of the craigslist add worded theirs different.

Read your post again, it was very condescending to someone you do not know, will most likely never meet. You have no idea how this horse got PG or if the owners "ever studied biology"
I didnt aim the biology thing at whoever owned this horse but at people who think its OK to keep a 2 year old colt with its mother
I think this entire thread borders on Bullying, because some think the Craigslist poster is not as educated about horses as everyone else.
I saw some lighthearted comments and if you think that referring to a mare as a female horse says anything but inexperienced then that's up to you.
Who cares, they are taking care of their horse.
Now you are being psychic - they may have only just bought this horse themselves and realising it was pregnant and not having the experience to deal with that are now trying to rehome it
I actually did credit them for the horse being in good condition - but I don't have any proof that they deserve that either
     
    10-17-2012, 02:03 PM
  #17
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
"Head to Desk Moment" That is not "giggling"

You were making fun of them and you don't even know them, they are taking good care of a horse that they obviously care for.
Well it's glad to see your a psychic as well. Hypocrite.
     
    10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
  #18
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee    
Now you are being psychic - they may have only just bought this horse themselves and realising it was pregnant and not having the experience to deal with that are now trying to rehome it
I actually did credit them for the horse being in good condition - but I don't have any proof that they deserve that either
This doesn't make any sense.

I stand by my, comments. But I never said that first sentence of yours, quoted here. So I don't know what you are referring to.

I think you all are being rude to the craigslist poster . And that is it!
     
    10-17-2012, 02:22 PM
  #19
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMonkeyWrench    
Well it's glad to see your a psychic as well. Hypocrite.
Do you know them? If you do I stand corrected.
Nothing else is Physic here.

You are making fun of them.... True
They are taking good care of the horse.......True
They care for it.....True

You don't know them..... an assumption


This is ridiculous.
     
    10-17-2012, 02:26 PM
  #20
Trained
People are funny
This is a nice looking mare.
Her face is sweet. I hope she finds a good home
WSArabians likes this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*head desk* justsambam08 Horse Talk 1 06-12-2010 08:14 PM
Its one of thoughs "that would never happen to my horse" moments. myhorsesonador Horse Health 9 05-31-2010 04:10 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0