Just one of those "head to desk moments" of the craigslist horse world. - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Just one of those "head to desk moments" of the craigslist horse world.

This is a discussion on Just one of those "head to desk moments" of the craigslist horse world. within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Bad craigslist horse ads

Like Tree50Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-17-2012, 02:49 PM
  #21
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
Do you know them? If you do I stand corrected.
Nothing else is Physic here.

You are making fun of them.... True
They are taking good care of the horse.......True
They care for it.....True

You don't know them..... an assumption


This is ridiculous.
And this is why liberals should not be in office.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
  #22
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
"Head to Desk Moment" That is not "giggling"

You were making fun of them and you don't even know them, they are taking good care of a horse that they obviously care for.
I don't know if you realize but, Just as much as you think I'm "assuming" you are "assuming" as well. I suggest you keep quiet before you embarrass yourself further.
pepperduck likes this.
     
    10-17-2012, 03:07 PM
  #23
QOS
Green Broke
Please delete mods...double post.
     
    10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
  #24
QOS
Green Broke
She is a cute little female horse. Hope she does find a good home. Whenever I see ads worded in a way that shows the person probably isn't a "horse" person I give them the benefit of the doubt. Like someone else said, they may have inherited the horse.

LOL I can only imagine what my daughter's ad would look like if I suddenly kicked the bucket and she had to disperse my horses. (God forbid)

Horse. Tan color. My mom spoiled it rotten when she could have spent the money on me. She died and left me with this hay burner ie...my money...please come get it now.

LOL My horse is a gelding (she would have NO idea what that was because she doesn't give a rip) and she MIGHT know he was a palomino. But she wouldn't know squat about his age, his training, his breeding, how many hh. Or that he is up to date on all his shots/coggins/floating/hooves. She would have NO idea of what he was worth or she should ask for him. Hahahahahahaha thank God I asked my cousin to take my horses in the event something happens to me unexpectedly!
LoveMyDrummerBoy likes this.
     
    10-17-2012, 03:24 PM
  #25
Foal
Hmm...I'm neither psychic nor familiar with these folks but I can figure out a few things....
  • They can't write English,
  • They don't know how to compose an ad for a horse. No mention of background, how they used her, how tall, or even what she's bred to. Because it's probably more writing than they can handle.
  • It didn't occur to them that a confo shot, or some picture that showed all of the mare might attract more interest.
  • Her pictures look healthy, but you don't know when they were taken.
It just reads like a typical bad Craigslist ad written by someone who (one suspects) should never have owned a horse in the first place. Probably belongs under Dumbest Horse Ads

I'm a liberal and I think ads (and that's how it's spelled) like this just prove that we need to do more to support public education.

If indeed they inherited the horse, they could have asked for advice on how to write a good ad.
     
    10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
  #26
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMonkeyWrench    
I don't know if you realize but, Just as much as you think I'm "assuming" you are "assuming" as well. I suggest you keep quiet before you embarrass yourself further.

I never said you were assuming anything, I said you were making fun of the CL poster. I said I assumed that you did not know the poster.
Please read correctly.

I do think that it is nice that you have the ability to come on this forum and call me names and to justify what you say. While you make fun of and post rude comments about a CL poster's ad with out their knowledge, You should call them and tell them about your thread. That would be fair.
Or would it be liberal??

Why didn't you post on the thread stupid ads for horses, did you think this ad deserved its' own special recognition in the humiliation category.


I am not embarrasses by anything I write here, I would write everything as worded all over again.
     
    10-17-2012, 04:46 PM
  #27
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton    
I never said you were assuming anything, I said you were making fun of the CL poster. I said I assumed that you did not know the poster.
Please read correctly.

I do think that it is nice that you have the ability to come on this forum and call me names and to justify what you say. While you make fun of and post rude comments about a CL poster's ad with out their knowledge, You should call them and tell them about your thread. That would be fair.
Or would it be liberal??

Why didn't you post on the thread stupid ads for horses, did you think this ad deserved its' own special recognition in the humiliation category.


I am not embarrasses by anything I write here, I would write everything as worded all over again.
you ASSUMED I was making fun of them. So yes, you are assuming. If I recall you were the first to start calling people names; psychic to be exact. So I called you a hypocrite based on facts. Maybe I should call up your mother and notify her of this thread as well. Get real.
     
    10-17-2012, 05:00 PM
  #28
Started
I think both sides are assuming things.

It is being assumed from the wording of the ad that the sellers know little about horses.

Taffy is assuming these people care about the horse and it's well cared for.

It is also being assumed that these people only recently got the horse.

I'm going to assume that someone posting on this thread had their cornflakes peed in this morning.
jaydee and Muppetgirl like this.
     
    10-17-2012, 05:01 PM
  #29
Banned
I took your post OP as a sling at the CraigsList poster......?????

What were you hoping to achieve then?

Sorry, not meaning to inflame, I'm just curious as you have somewhat indicated that you weren't making fun of the advertiser.....what were you hoping to achieve?

Actually why doesn't somene just email the Craigslist advertiser and ask them these questions? Let's quit assuming!

Why am I even posting? Haha I don't know!
Speed Racer likes this.
     
    10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
  #30
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMonkeyWrench    
you ASSUMED I was making fun of them. So yes, you are assuming. If I recall you were the first to start calling people names; psychic to be exact. So I called you a hypocrite based on facts. Maybe I should call up your mother and notify her of this thread as well. Get real.

PM me, I will give you her number, She doesn't like bullies any more than I do.

PS. Again, please read carefully.
I said someone should get a job at psychic hot line.
I did not assume you were making fun, you were.
That is what your entire thread is about, making fun.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*head desk* justsambam08 Horse Talk 1 06-12-2010 08:14 PM
Its one of thoughs "that would never happen to my horse" moments. myhorsesonador Horse Health 9 05-31-2010 04:10 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0