Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Its a big decision to make.
I would be inclined to sell her. As far as I can see you are only going to be losing money, shipping her across. In addition, she has to deal with all the stress, possibly quarantine and then get used to a different climate.
Personally, I cannot fathom how people spend that much money on horses. Shipping across would be really, expensive, and you probably forked out a bit for the purchase price. Wouldn't you prefer to spend the money you have saved as a down payment for a house or something?
Sometimes I wonder how people can be so different. I currently live of about NZD$180 a week, you would probably spend more transporting your horse than I get in a year.
Still, if its an option for you and you want to do it, then I guess you can do it.