Laws for traveling cross country with my horse

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Laws for traveling cross country with my horse

This is a discussion on Laws for traveling cross country with my horse within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Traveling cross country with a horse
  • How to travel criss cou try with a horse

LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Laws for traveling cross country with my horse

I live in Kentucy and am trying to find out what paperwork I need to travel cross country. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture as an Equine Passport good for 12 months in-state and 6 months in certain other states. I know there is a passport for 6 western states as well. What about traveling through those states not listed on either of these passports? Where do I find the laws for transporting my horse through those states?
Sponsored Links
    10-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I think you need coggins health cert and a brand inspection and every 30days your out of state you need to stop by a vet's and get all three of those updated.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cross Country Horse Transport alternatives Normal Guy Horses for Sale 1 04-11-2012 08:05 AM
Cross Country Five Furlongs Eventing 18 04-04-2010 03:30 PM
Moving your horse cross country JackandGina Horse Talk 6 03-07-2010 02:38 AM
Cross Country - Should I Go? ChingazMyBoy Eventing 12 02-11-2010 11:22 PM
Cross Country Pics from Novice level at Greenwood Horse Trials! StormyBlues Horse Pictures 12 10-31-2009 03:45 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0