Look What They Did To Him **Chinga** - Page 11
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Look What They Did To Him **Chinga**

This is a discussion on Look What They Did To Him **Chinga** within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-15-2010, 10:47 PM
      #101
    Green Broke
    Guys you can't try to guilt her ino it by saying the hrose is suffering, that's jsut not right. If he's a very dominant hrose (which I have no doubt in my mind her is!) then he's extremely happy right now, what dominant horse doesnt want a little peerson they can shove around? He gets fed, watered, and left alone, and if he isnt left alone, he can just pin his ears and lunge and then he WILL be left alone. I honestly can't iagine him being unhappy... but maybe im missing something
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-15-2010, 10:48 PM
      #102
    Green Broke
    If his behaviour is as you have described it in you numerous posts he IS suffering. He is screaming at you that he's suffering, you're just not listening.

    I will not get in to an argument with you, I am just urging you to do the right thing for your horse.
         
        05-15-2010, 10:52 PM
      #103
    Green Broke
    Allright You guys this isnt worth arguing over. If she wount take your advice, aguing is not going to change her mind. She is obviously doing what she feels is right. Atleast she has a trainer. I know meny of you have seen people come through here and totaly ignore advice and think they can do any thing because they are the almighty horse person(NOT!) So just let it go.

    Here is my advice wether you want it or not. You need to post pictured of these so called whip marks so you can prove that this really happend. I don't believe it because you have no proof (no the vid doesnt prove any thing to me) Then start a new thread about his recovery (mental and physical). You can listen to me or just blow me off that's your choise just remember that every one here cares about you and Chinga, there not trying to be mean.
         
        05-15-2010, 10:57 PM
      #104
    Trained
    Ridergirl, a dominant horse does not actually WANT to be the boss. Being the boss means they have to call all the shots, and when put in a confronting situation, the dominant horse has to take charge of the situation. Most horses tend to be far happier in themselves when they know where they stand. And I don't think Chinga is entirely sure where he stands. Yes he's a dominant aggressive type of horse, but I think it's very much a show, that is to hide the confusion he is feeling. Horses will react in one of two ways, fight or flight. And Chinga appears to react to pressure and confusion with 'fight'.
    He definitely needs to be dominated and shown that people are not going to put him in a situation where he will be hurt. He does not have this at the moment, as Maddie is just not assertive enough to show him this, so he feels as though he needs to be the dominant one, because no one else is.
    This horse isn't 'suffering' per say, but to allow him to continue on as he is would be very destructive to his mind and he certainly has the ability to turn into 'suffering' horse.
    Maddie, I'm glad you're sending him to a trainer for 90 days and are getting involved in the process. I was under the impression that it was only going to be a short stint at the trainers like last time. If the trainer is willing to work with you to help overcome your own fears, it may well be the break that Chinga needs. But you HAVE to always keep in mind that just because he does well at the trainers and comes back all lovely, does not mean he won't turn on you again. He seems to be the type of horse that is always going to be pushing, and if you don't keep on top of that and nip it in the bud each and every time he tries it on with you, you will end up with him right back at the start and the money at the trainers will have been wasted.
         
        05-15-2010, 10:58 PM
      #105
    Showing
    Yes, a dominant horse is often only dominant because he fears that if he isn't dominant he'll be pushed around.
         
        05-15-2010, 10:59 PM
      #106
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HowClever    
    If his behaviour is as you have described it in you numerous posts he IS suffering. He is screaming at you that he's suffering, you're just not listening.

    I will not get in to an argument with you, I am just urging you to do the right thing for your horse.
    Sending him to a trainer is the right thing and everyone whos ever ridden, or done anything with him knows it.

    Look at this horse and tell me his not happy, tell me he doesn't love doing what I do with him. Even when his scared, even when he doesn't understand he sill puts 100% in for his rider. Even when I mess up our striding into a jump, he'll still take a massive long spot to save us, even when my posistions crap he'll still push threw. Every time I fall he stops, even when we were in a 300 acer paddock, he could have ran if he didn't like what we were doing. AND he knew it :























    Sure, they are only a few pictures. But a picture means 1 000 words. I'll straight out admit it MOST of Chinga's riding problems and ground manners are my fault. Because I've never had the confidence to deal with him or the experianced. But I took a stand. His going to the trainers, I'm taking lessons and ONE day, we'll make that perfect team. No matter how long it takes, I'm not giving up. We will get there.
         
        05-15-2010, 11:00 PM
      #107
    Yearling
    Maddie, I don't know what to say. You won't listen to anyone, and its just really irresponsible. This horse isn't holding you together. He's causing you more stress, and its just not right.

    Even if you do send him to the trainers, Chinga will push the boundaries when he comes back and as soon as he breaks one, he'll just go back to being the same horse.

    Believe me, I've been there. I went through this stage with Ricky, but the only reason why I'm keeping him is that I'm capable with him. I went through the whole aggression stage, but from the videos I've seen you are not confident enough to deal with these problems. The relationship with a horse should be 51% (you), 49% (horse) but Chinga is like 95% and you're 5%.

    I think you just need to suck it up. You're 13, they'll be plenty more horses in your life.
         
        05-15-2010, 11:03 PM
      #108
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myhorsesonador    
    Allright You guys this isnt worth arguing over. If she wount take your advice, aguing is not going to change her mind. She is obviously doing what she feels is right. Atleast she has a trainer. I know meny of you have seen people come through here and totaly ignore advice and think they can do any thing because they are the almighty horse person(NOT!) So just let it go.

    Here is my advice wether you want it or not. You need to post pictured of these so called whip marks so you can prove that this really happend. I don't believe it because you have no proof (no the vid doesnt prove any thing to me) Then start a new thread about his recovery (mental and physical). You can listen to me or just blow me off that's your choise just remember that every one here cares about you and Chinga, there not trying to be mean.
    I will attempt to get photos. But as you may have noticed I haven't upload photos lately as my camera is getting fixed. But I will attempt to use my phone to do it, but sadly the quality isn't that great. I'll see how I go though. I'll think about making a thread about Chinga's recovery. Although most likely I'll just put it in my diary and for those who want to read it they can.
         
        05-15-2010, 11:04 PM
      #109
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy    
    Sending him to a trainer is the right thing and everyone whos ever ridden, or done anything with him knows it.

    Look at this horse and tell me his not happy, tell me he doesn't love doing what I do with him. Even when his scared, even when he doesn't understand he sill puts 100% in for his rider. Even when I mess up our striding into a jump, he'll still take a massive long spot to save us, even when my posistions crap he'll still push threw. Every time I fall he stops, even when we were in a 300 acer paddock, he could have ran if he didn't like what we were doing. AND he knew it


    Sure, they are only a few pictures. But a picture means 1 000 words. I'll straight out admit it MOST of Chinga's riding problems and ground manners are my fault. Because I've never had the confidence to deal with him or the experianced. But I took a stand. His going to the trainers, I'm taking lessons and ONE day, we'll make that perfect team. No matter how long it takes, I'm not giving up. We will get there.
    He does that to save himself. Its just natural preservation. If you were a pony, you'd lengthen your stride because its a better alternative than running into a jump. He's not doing it for you. You need to seriously stop thinking like a pissy little girl, and use your brain.
         
        05-15-2010, 11:06 PM
      #110
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kayty    
    Ridergirl, a dominant horse does not actually WANT to be the boss. Being the boss means they have to call all the shots, and when put in a confronting situation, the dominant horse has to take charge of the situation. Most horses tend to be far happier in themselves when they know where they stand. And I don't think Chinga is entirely sure where he stands. Yes he's a dominant aggressive type of horse, but I think it's very much a show, that is to hide the confusion he is feeling. Horses will react in one of two ways, fight or flight. And Chinga appears to react to pressure and confusion with 'fight'.
    He definitely needs to be dominated and shown that people are not going to put him in a situation where he will be hurt. He does not have this at the moment, as Maddie is just not assertive enough to show him this, so he feels as though he needs to be the dominant one, because no one else is.
    This horse isn't 'suffering' per say, but to allow him to continue on as he is would be very destructive to his mind and he certainly has the ability to turn into 'suffering' horse.
    Maddie, I'm glad you're sending him to a trainer for 90 days and are getting involved in the process. I was under the impression that it was only going to be a short stint at the trainers like last time. If the trainer is willing to work with you to help overcome your own fears, it may well be the break that Chinga needs. But you HAVE to always keep in mind that just because he does well at the trainers and comes back all lovely, does not mean he won't turn on you again. He seems to be the type of horse that is always going to be pushing, and if you don't keep on top of that and nip it in the bud each and every time he tries it on with you, you will end up with him right back at the start and the money at the trainers will have been wasted.
    I'm not sure if I should say thank you or not. But on the topic of him coming home and turning back into.. this. It won't happen. Because my instructor has sent so many horses to this trainer I am lucky, for two years after his training is ofically finished the trainer will work Chinga once a month and give me lessons on him once a week.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Chinga ChingazMyBoy Horse Pictures 17 02-25-2010 12:49 AM
    Chinga Got A Present! ChingazMyBoy Horse Talk 6 11-15-2009 04:03 AM
    Chinga ChingazMyBoy Horse Pictures 94 10-21-2009 07:44 PM
    Chinga ChingazMyBoy Horse Videos 1 07-23-2009 11:01 AM
    Chinga! ChingazMyBoy Horse Pictures 12 05-18-2009 08:43 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0