MALE Riders - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 90Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In Sunny, HOT and HUMID S.C.
Posts: 1,427
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
Where are you fellas hiding? I have noticed a lot of ladies who enjoy horses and riding, but I haven't seen very many guys around here. Is it true? Are there gentlemen who actually enjoy horses?!?!
There are quite a few men who ride. You just have to ride in the right places. About 1/3 of the riders I know are men, but you won't find many of them around stables or on trails that you haul to. Don't look for many around horse shows either. Around here they ride in the country or get together at someone's place that has plenty of area to ride on. They're often spending time training horses. Most of them that I know shoot from horse back some hunt. Most women who ride aren't really into spending as much time actually in the saddle riding as the men are, so there aren't many women riding with most of the men.
its lbs not miles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Texas
Posts: 914
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel View Post
I'm having trouble understanding what your post is about........

Can you break it down for me, please?
Not sure if you are serious or not...

This thread about interest in horses and men and where are the men in the horse world, or maybe just on this forum, because men who ride and enjoy horses are hot and we would like to see more of them???

And then something about cowboys and feminists and gay English riders... :))

To put it briefly, I was just saying that maybe talking about riding (girlfriends), actually riding and learning new things (cowboys), and romance (wherever) don't necessarily come in the same package.
As for myself, I do very little talking about riding, a lot of actually riding and learning new things from cowboys, and forego the romance due to other obligations. Does that make sense?
outnabout is offline  
post #23 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: southern Arizona
Posts: 8,542
• Horses: 4
"Barn drama" is a good reason for most men to avoid "barns". And riding in circles while an instructor (usually female) criticizes them usually isn't high on most guys list of things that sound fun. I like riding, but I'd rate going to a show with my horse right up there with anesthesia-free tooth extraction.
Faceman, Tejas, FlyGap and 1 others like this.

... Energy is an admirable thing, but the energy of stupidity seldom avails much..." - On Seats and Saddles (1868), Francis Dwyer, Major of Hussars (light cavalry)
bsms is offline  
post #24 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In Sunny, HOT and HUMID S.C.
Posts: 1,427
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
I saw a t-shirt today that says "Horses are God's apology for men" lol
That sounds like a spin off of a the saying we had back in the 70's (but it wasn't on a T-shirt). Of course most riders where men back then.
"God created horses to make up for women" (also heard it as "God gave Adam the horse to make up for Eve"). But since I guess the increase in female riders would account for the rewording . One thing that hasn't changed though is girl friends (and wives/ex wives) complaining about the time we spend with our horses .

In my case the solution was easy. My horse was easier to get along with, so I got rid of the wife (and bought an extra horse)

Don't get me wrong. It's wonderful to have a good woman, but it's so much easier to find a good horse . And the horse never complained that I wasn't riding Dressage or didn't like where we were riding .
its lbs not miles is offline  
post #25 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In Sunny, HOT and HUMID S.C.
Posts: 1,427
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsms View Post
"Barn drama" is a good reason for most men to avoid "barns". And riding in circles while an instructor (usually female) criticizes them usually isn't high on most guys list of things that sound fun. I like riding, but I'd rate going to a show with my horse right up there with anesthesia-free tooth extraction.
Don't know that I'd have said it quite like that, but certainly drives home the point I was making.
its lbs not miles is offline  
post #26 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 12:55 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,222
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by outnabout View Post
Not sure if you are serious or not...

This thread about interest in horses and men and where are the men in the horse world, or maybe just on this forum, because men who ride and enjoy horses are hot and we would like to see more of them???

And then something about cowboys and feminists and gay English riders... :))

To put it briefly, I was just saying that maybe talking about riding (girlfriends), actually riding and learning new things (cowboys), and romance (wherever) don't necessarily come in the same package.
As for myself, I do very little talking about riding, a lot of actually riding and learning new things from cowboys, and forego the romance due to other obligations. Does that make sense?
Ah okay, that makes more sense!
Yes I was serious, I honestly did not understand but now I do. Thank you!

Talking about riding I've noticed isn't a guy's favourite thing to discuss it's more about doing as you say. But I don't talk about riding in my free time unless someone asks me (I used to be a part time instructor) cause I'd rather shut up and do it

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is online now  
post #27 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,222
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsms View Post
"Barn drama" is a good reason for most men to avoid "barns". And riding in circles while an instructor (usually female) criticizes them usually isn't high on most guys list of things that sound fun. I like riding, but I'd rate going to a show with my horse right up there with anesthesia-free tooth extraction.
See I don't do barn drama. Someone tried to drag me into it while I was over here (loooong story, not really going to go into it) and I just don't go there. Drama isn't my thing, I'm casual and cool at the barn. But I do know people who strive to make some happen which is pretty sad IMOP.

Could see why guys wouldn't want to be near THAT.
Back2Horseback likes this.

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is online now  
post #28 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 729
• Horses: 1
My hubby's a rider - one of those natural talent buggers. Having a wife that has crawled her way up the technical side of riding whether her body had the apptitude or not, doesn't always make for paradise in our world.

Like most other Neanderthals(pardon my present hubby-chafe) he prefers to be out doin', rather than talkin' 'bout doin'.
Critter sitter likes this.
hemms is offline  
post #29 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 265
• Horses: 1
The reason so few of us guys are on here is twofold.
One, some of you ladies talk so much w can't get a word in edgewise.
Two, we're done with the talking, and have moved forward into the doing.
It gives you ladies more room to flap your gums about how your horsey makes you feel.
Sorry its so harsh, but its quite accurate.
Its a chick thing....w understand...lol
Tejas and cowboy bowhunter like this.

I RIDE, THEREFORE I AM
COWBOY UP OR GO CRY IN THE TRUCK
azwantapaint is offline  
post #30 of 76 Old 06-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,222
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwantapaint View Post
The reason so few of us guys are on here is twofold.
One, some of you ladies talk so much w can't get a word in edgewise.
Two, we're done with the talking, and have moved forward into the doing.
It gives you ladies more room to flap your gums about how your horsey makes you feel.
Sorry its so harsh, but its quite accurate.
Its a chick thing....w understand...lol
..........I doubt you're sorry.

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Male riders and uhh... comfort CessBee Horse Riding 42 01-26-2012 04:16 PM
Male riders, Turn off? or Turn on? teafortwo Horse Talk 76 06-02-2011 02:33 AM
Posting while trotting...male riders cher40 Western Riding 66 03-13-2011 03:41 AM
Not enough male riders!!! ): Katie4469 Horse Talk 86 12-03-2010 07:51 PM
Male riders SRR90 Horse Talk 53 05-20-2009 08:07 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome