NdAppy. I don't have much choice in vets. This clinic is the only large animal vet in a 50 mile radius. Running away isn't much of an option here.
Regardless of their opinions on whether or not she is safe to have a foal, I am having them come out to evaluate them anyways. I will make my decision on the luta at that time. I did not intend to have a foal at this time so I am leaning towards having the injections anyways. They did say the colic symptoms would be short lived and they just need supervision after the injection to prevent them from lying down or rolling, since they say the horse reaction to the luta is the problem, not the luta itself.
He also said that it is possible the shots won't work, but if they don't the shots themselves won't cause any problems for the fetus if it doesn't abort.
This vet also says that because of the seasonal climate here, its possible her cycles won't end till November or possibly not at all.