Momma's Giving Her Away...
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Momma's Giving Her Away...

This is a discussion on Momma's Giving Her Away... within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-19-2009, 06:45 PM
      #1
    Green Broke
    Momma's Giving Her Away...

    Megan (trainer/friend) fell off of Lola yesterday after a terrible bucking attack. She hurt herself pretty bad; broke three vertebrae in her back, torn her lung, and sustained questionable spleen damage. She'll recover though, thank God.

    Well, now, Momma is convinced that Lola is a wild, dangerous animal. So, she's going to sell her at an auction, the same hellish place where I saved her. Now, I'm going to start yelling.

    LOLA'S NOT DANGEROUS! SHE WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS WITHOUT A GOOD REASON!

    My horse is as good as dead! My pet, my best friend, taken without a chance to say good bye!

    I spent hours with that horse! Every minute I could I was out there, grooming her, talking walks, spending time...

    And guess what my mom saids next: "You can have another horse." I DON'T WANT ANOTHER HORSE, DAMMIT! I WANT THE HORSE I RESCUED! THE HORSE I TOLD EVERYTHING TO! THE ONLY ANIMAL I'VE EVER REALLY LOVED!

    THAT HORSE TAUGHT ME EVERYTHING! THAT HORSE MEANT THE WORLD TO ME!

    And now she's gone.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-19-2009, 06:53 PM
      #2
    Green Broke
    Oh Brighteyes, I'm so sorry I can't imagine the pain you are going through. I can't imagine losing Chinga. *Hugs*.
         
        07-19-2009, 07:02 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    I am so sorry - is there any chance she would let you at least have the chance to secure a placement for her vs. taking her to auction?
         
        07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
      #4
    Green Broke
    Thanks for the hugs... I need them...

    No one will want her... she's old, 'ugly', needs special shoes, lots of vet care for terrible skin conditions, etc. The only thing she is really good for, as some say, it eating. Fjords are suppose to be extra good for slaughter too...

    Trust me, I would try, but it's really out of my hands...
         
        07-19-2009, 07:26 PM
      #5
    Green Broke
    She isn't ugly I just had a look at her she is amazing. Maybe try and talk to your mum about you having an add in the paper saying "Free to good home" or something like that. That's the only way I can think of convincing your mum. If you want her to go to a good home I suggest the free part but that is up to you.
         
        07-19-2009, 08:40 PM
      #6
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    She isn't ugly I just had a look at her she is amazing. Maybe try and talk to your mum about you having an add in the paper saying "Free to good home" or something like that. That's the only way I can think of convincing your mum. If you want her to go to a good home I suggest the free part but that is up to you.
    I'll try; she definitely has a better chance with an add in the paper versus an auction. But, instead of putting her up for free, I'm going to sell her for about a 100 dollars above meat price so she doesn't get slaughtered. I saved her from it once, I can try again.
         
        07-19-2009, 08:51 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brighteyes    
    I'll try; she definitely has a better chance with an add in the paper versus an auction. But, instead of putting her up for free, I'm going to sell her for about a 100 dollars above meat price so she doesn't get slaughtered. I saved her from it once, I can try again.


    Good luck :) Keep us updated on how it goes~
         
        07-19-2009, 09:16 PM
      #8
    Showing
    Oh, sweetie. ((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you will find her a good home and it won't come down to sending her to auction. Does she drive? That may be a good alternative to trying to sell her as a riding horse. No offense, but around the south, it would be much more common to see her hooked to a cart instead of under a saddle.
         
        07-20-2009, 12:06 AM
      #9
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smrobs    
    Oh, sweetie. ((hugs)) I am so sorry for your loss. Hopefully, you will find her a good home and it won't come down to sending her to auction. Does she drive? That may be a good alternative to trying to sell her as a riding horse. No offense, but around the south, it would be much more common to see her hooked to a cart instead of under a saddle.
    She doesn't drive. Actually, I was going to start teaching her next week... Well, I can't know, can I?

    (Ugh, I need to stop acting so pitiful...)
         
        07-20-2009, 12:12 AM
      #10
    Trained
    I'm really sorryto hear this. I would be totally devasted. :(
    Sending many good thoughts and hugs your way.

    ((((((((((HUGS))))))))
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Not giving to the bit???? ClassicalRomantic Horse Training 7 07-16-2009 12:23 PM
    giving my consent? Snapple122 General Off Topic Discussion 11 01-14-2009 07:22 AM
    Am I giving the wrong cue? Velvetgrace Horse Training 3 08-19-2008 11:24 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0