Money ( mini rant)
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Money ( mini rant)

This is a discussion on Money ( mini rant) within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-20-2009, 03:18 PM
      #1
    Started
    Money ( mini rant)

    Hey everyone,

    I really want to start taking lessons again but the problem is at our home the only place to ride is in the paddock which gets to mucky to ride in at most times and the horses slop all over the place. I can ride at an arena up the road but it costs 20 euro to rent it out and then on top of that I would need to pay for the lesson which is around 35 euro so that would add up to 55 euro which is a bit steep considering I am only 15 and don't have a job. I also feel really bad when my parents pay for everything for me because its not like we have an obscene about of money at the minute. But I really want lessons and I just don't know what to do :( I suppose its just a bit of a rant and all but I just wanted to voice it out here because I feel everyone here are my friends. But do any of you know good ways to make money because I am not allowed to get a job till I finish my exams in June.

    Thanks for reading,
    Shauna
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-20-2009, 03:27 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    How much are lessons at a nearby riding school? That might work out cheaper than hiring a school...
         
        11-20-2009, 03:29 PM
      #3
    Started
    The nearest riding school isn't very reliable or have good lessons. I would like to hire an instructor for me that I would get for private lessons. I don't like group lessons you don't learn as much and at the riding school they squeeze a lot of people in one lesson.
         
        11-20-2009, 03:47 PM
      #4
    Trained
    Is there a trainer near by who you could help out/clean stalls or something for in exchange for lessons. That way you would only have to pay for the arena
         
        11-20-2009, 03:52 PM
      #5
    Started
    First of all these are great ideas just not ones that would work for me lol thanks anyway
         
        11-20-2009, 09:03 PM
      #6
    Weanling
    Heres an idea:
    Your problem is lack of money and you feel bad that your parents have to pay for you.
    Well hows about you ask for some lessons for your xmas presents. That way they know that your going to be getting something that you are going to use and have fun with and you are getting something that you really want.
    Plus you wont have to feel guilty about them paying for anything because im pretty sure they would have gotten you a present either way. This way atleast they know for sure you will enjoy it.
    Just a thought.
         
        11-20-2009, 10:03 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Selling horse poo, I get $25 a week for it that goes towards my horse and you would be suprized how much you actually earn. That's $100 in a month. How I do it is I have a gardener who takes 10 bags at the price of $2.50 each!
         
        11-21-2009, 07:47 AM
      #8
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jemmamalone    
    Heres an idea:
    Your problem is lack of money and you feel bad that your parents have to pay for you.
    Well hows about you ask for some lessons for your xmas presents. That way they know that your going to be getting something that you are going to use and have fun with and you are getting something that you really want.
    Plus you wont have to feel guilty about them paying for anything because im pretty sure they would have gotten you a present either way. This way atleast they know for sure you will enjoy it.
    Just a thought.
    Hey thanks that's a very good idea can't believe I never thought of it lol thank you all sooooooo much
         
        11-21-2009, 07:49 AM
      #9
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy    
    Selling horse poo, I get $25 a week for it that goes towards my horse and you would be suprized how much you actually earn. That's $100 in a month. How I do it is I have a gardener who takes 10 bags at the price of $2.50 each!
    Hey that's a good idea so what you sell it to a gardener?
         
        11-21-2009, 10:27 AM
      #10
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gypsygirl    
    is there a trainer near by who you could help out/clean stalls or something for in exchange for lessons. That way you would only have to pay for the arena
    I think this is a very good idea
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    I did it! (Rave and mini rant) drafts4ever General Off Topic Discussion 13 11-16-2009 08:54 PM
    My money rant!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH drafts4ever Member Journals 11 10-07-2009 04:46 AM
    Need help, kind of a mini rant. Gingerrrrr Horse Training 12 05-18-2008 10:00 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0