To move or not to move...Part 2..
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

To move or not to move...Part 2..

This is a discussion on To move or not to move...Part 2.. within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-17-2013, 11:08 PM
      #1
    Green Broke
    To move or not to move...Part 2..

    So this is kinda an updated 'what would you do' thread stemming from this one- http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/move-barns-stay-put-question-152260/page2/#post1878182

    So it's been decided I'm taking my new horse and my donk and moving to the place I was to move back to before. But now that I will just be taking those two an not the three I will be paying $300/mo and my gelding will be in the smaller field and have a stall. (So we will not be sectioning off anything as stated in the pervious thread an my horse will be in the smaller field away from the wire and we will have a stall. Yay!)

    But, bad news is thAt I will be leaving my mare behind. The Ex said he would like to keep her and me finding her a new home isn't going well at all so I don't have much choice. It hurts and sickens me to have to do it but I have no other choice.

    Anyway, I was to move my gelding and the donk in mid-march as I just gave my months notice on Feb 13. Well, the Ex has agreed to still do morning feeding and fill the water trough everyday (we have to bucket water everyday as I have a small trough becuase the donk can't reach the big one and only one water heater so they have to drink out of the small one) Well, no surprise he lies about filling it to the point where I obviously don't trust he's doing it. And I've caught him in the lie. So, now my horses are suffering and that's NOT what I want. They never go without water but he will let the water get very low to the bottom of the trough.

    I've been thinking about asking my current Bo if I can move at the end of the month. I'm sure he'd understand and wouldn't mind but what would you do? I'm sick of depending on the Ex and especially for another month....it's going to be tough.

    I'm also worried about leaving my mare behind with him but there's not much I can do there I guess. :/
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
      #2
    Banned
    As long as your paid up, the BO shouldn't mind I guess
         
        02-17-2013, 11:17 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    I don't think my Bo would mind because he knows exactly what's going on and I'm going to offer him money for the two weeks I was going to be there in march. But it's to the point where the horses kinda suffer cause the Ex is ignorant. -_-
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-17-2013, 11:21 PM
      #4
    Banned
    Take care of the BO money wise and then move your horse and donk.......as long as you are paid up the BO shouldn't care. Plus you can ditch the ex faster!
         
        02-17-2013, 11:45 PM
      #5
    Showing
    Why not find the Donkey a home and bring your mare with? It'll cost the same to board her as it would the Donkey...right?
         
        02-18-2013, 04:35 AM
      #6
    Green Broke
    No...it'll cost more if I bring the mare. $300 was for all three to have there own little spot sectioned off in the 'bigger' field. But they don't want to do that now due to mud and other issues. There's also another smaller field I wanted them both to be in but he didnt want to do that unless I was paying 'full board' with a stall. So if I bring my mare it would be alot more. So I'm paying $300 just so my gelding can be in the smaller field. He needs to be up there because he has the possibility of foundering and the bigger field is 70 acres. Where the smaller field is only 3.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Sky After Move Skyseternalangel Horse Riding Critique 26 12-01-2011 08:02 PM
    Comparisons. To move, or not to move? cosmomomo Barn Maintenance 4 12-12-2010 11:33 PM
    To move or not to move? stephnpierre Horse Talk 5 08-23-2009 01:33 PM
    should I move him? manhirwen Barn Maintenance 18 06-30-2009 11:53 AM
    IS this the right move? englishcowgrl Horse Talk 8 06-06-2008 10:27 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0