My horses helped my daughter find a new friend
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

My horses helped my daughter find a new friend

This is a discussion on My horses helped my daughter find a new friend within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree12Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-12-2013, 10:44 PM
      #1
    Foal
    My horses helped my daughter find a new friend

    Yesterday, my husband, daughter and I were walking along the roadside of the pasture, when a lady from across the street and a few doors down asked if we owned the horses in the pasture, cause her daughters(ages 8 and 2) love to watch them and asked if it was ok to feed them carrots and apples and breads. We told her it was fine and chatted with her for a few minutes when the conversation turned to children and she said how her 8 year old daughter gets upset cause she never has anyone to play with. My daughter is 10 and is surrounded by boys and never has any girls to play with. Needless to say, they ride the same bus, go to the same school, but never have talked to each other. Now, they have played together all day today and my daughter is sleeping over there tonight. It is the first time she has ever slept away from home! I am going to be a nervous wreck, but I have never seen my daughter happier. All because of the horses and the fact that they look so beautiful and magestic!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-12-2013, 10:47 PM
      #2
    Banned
    Nothin wrong with bein a tomboy-- but wonderful that she has a girl to hang out with too. :)

    Horses are amazing creatures aint they?
         
        04-12-2013, 10:48 PM
      #3
    Started
    That's so cool. Just be glad the new friend doesn't have horses to though. Our daughter has friends with horses and the usual scenerio is, blanky, toothbrush, clothes, stuffed animal (all normal right?) ok let's get my saddle and peaches. We wanna ride! Lmao!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thunderspark likes this.
         
        04-12-2013, 10:59 PM
      #4
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phly    
    That's so cool. Just be glad the new friend doesn't have horses to though. Our daughter has friends with horses and the usual scenerio is, blanky, toothbrush, clothes, stuffed animal (all normal right?) ok let's get my saddle and peaches. We wanna ride! Lmao!
    Posted via Mobile Device

    PHLY, that would have been my dream childhood.
         
        04-12-2013, 11:00 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toto    
    Nothin wrong with bein a tomboy-- but wonderful that she has a girl to hang out with too. :)

    Horses are amazing creatures aint they?
    I grew up a tomboy, and she is one too, but there are times that she says she gets sick of being around the boys cause when she wants to "fix" the toy animal, they are wanting to shoot it.
    She is the one who I swear is going to end up being a vet, I am always finding her stuffed animals with toilet paper casts on the legs, paper cones of shame around their necks, or some sort of bandage. When I asked her what happened to it, it is always some amazing story.
    Ladytrails and toto like this.
         
        04-12-2013, 11:02 PM
      #6
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phly    
    That's so cool. Just be glad the new friend doesn't have horses to though. Our daughter has friends with horses and the usual scenerio is, blanky, toothbrush, clothes, stuffed animal (all normal right?) ok let's get my saddle and peaches. We wanna ride! Lmao!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    My mom would never let me take my horse to my friends house who had a horse for overnight! We always had to meet halfway between the two houses when we wanted to ride the horses. I never understood why...
         
        04-12-2013, 11:16 PM
      #7
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dlpark2    
    I grew up a tomboy, and she is one too, but there are times that she says she gets sick of being around the boys cause when she wants to "fix" the toy animal, they are wanting to shoot it.
    She is the one who I swear is going to end up being a vet, I am always finding her stuffed animals with toilet paper casts on the legs, paper cones of shame around their necks, or some sort of bandage. When I asked her what happened to it, it is always some amazing story.
    So did I! ;) its nice to hang with the chicks sometimes though.

    Lol, right on! They shoot the animals and she fixes em up-- adorable!!
         
        04-12-2013, 11:16 PM
      #8
    Started
    Just so y'all know, I wasn't joking. She really involves horses in sleep overs. But then again her and her friends aren't happy they have to take off their spurs to wear their boots to school.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-13-2013, 09:33 AM
      #9
    Weanling
    Haha when I was about 7 there was a couple times my parents caught me riding down the driveway with my sleeping bag tied behind my saddle and my saddle bags full. I was heading to visit my cousins. They live about 6 hours from here! Lol
         
        04-13-2013, 10:03 AM
      #10
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LynnF    
    Haha when I was about 7 there was a couple times my parents caught me riding down the driveway with my sleeping bag tied behind my saddle and my saddle bags full. I was heading to visit my cousins. They live about 6 hours from here! Lol
    LOL...thats something I would of done. My mom was would never let me take my horse somewhere for the night. She was always worried about what would happen if my mare broke the fence, ran off, got sick, etc. Even though she didn't want much to do with the horse, she loved her in her own way.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    My mom's friend wants to buy her 12 year old daughter a foal with no horse experiance winter1110 Horse Talk 23 11-11-2012 02:02 PM
    Horses - how have they helped to improve your health? Saranda Rider Wellness 28 08-05-2012 08:59 PM
    Please ignore, just posting this pic for a friend so she can easily find it sommsama09 Horse Pictures 0 04-15-2012 06:40 AM
    Help my friend find a saddle! SionTheMonster Horse Tack and Equipment 19 03-27-2012 05:47 PM
    My daughter's new little friend BrokenWings Horse Pictures 3 08-05-2009 02:34 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0