I'm so upset about this. I have written before about my mare. She has heaves and has had some back to back bouts of flare ups recently. The vet feels she has reached a new baseline and will have continual recurrent attacks. She is losing weight. She is abdominal breathing at a stand still and huffs and puffs with a stroll across the pasture even after meds. I have made the decision to euthanize her and it is killing me too! I feel so guilty. She is boarded and I have done all I could to change her environement but it is not so easy when I have no control. I have looked at other places to board her but there is really no better situation out there. I just can't believe in a few days I'll be holding her lead rope and looking at her cuteness for the last time. I feel like I am going to chicken out but I don't want her to suffer anymore either. If only I knew there was a horse heaven. I don't really believe in that. But it would make things so much easier.