my riding buddy is banned from the barn now :-(
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

my riding buddy is banned from the barn now :-(

This is a discussion on my riding buddy is banned from the barn now :-( within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • My horse is pissed when i ride

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By waresbear
  • 1 Post By Rachel1786
  • 2 Post By Speed Racer
  • 1 Post By themacpack

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-06-2011, 09:04 PM
  #1
Started
Angry my riding buddy is banned from the barn now :-(

There is no really meaning to the post, just a rant really...I board one of my horses at a barn about 20 minutes away(my other 2 are at my moms house) Where I board it is mostly teenagers, or much older. I'm 25 so riding with the teenagers and hanging out with them at the barn isn't a big deal to me. The one girl, Lexi is 15(she is leasing a horse at the barn) and there is another girl Nikki(she owns a horse) who just turned 13. Well apparently(according to Val, the barn owner) on friday when Lexi's mom picked her up she was high(her mom called Val) even worse is that she got it from Nikki who stole it from her mom. So now Lexi is banned from coming to the barn where Nikki might be. Lexi rides my horse Bella often and we often go riding together. So i'm just bummed that the person closest to my age is no longer allowed to come ride. I remember what it was like to be 15 and being offered and felt like you couldn't say no. And I think they are both very much in the wrong. The whole thing just really really sucks.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-06-2011, 09:26 PM
  #2
Green Broke
Hopefully this consequence is severe enough to make an impression - I am sorry, though, that you are also faced with paying the price for her choices.
     
    08-06-2011, 10:08 PM
  #3
Trained
The one girl stole the drugs from the mother? That's really sad. They should've gotten them off the streets like I did when I was their age
coffeegod and Kylee like this.
     
    08-06-2011, 10:23 PM
  #4
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by waresbear    
The one girl stole the drugs from the mother? That's really sad. They should've gotten them off the streets like I did when I was their age
lol we live in the middle of nowhere PA. Ya can't really get drugs on the street, ya gotta know someone. When I was Nikki's age I thought pot and cigarettes were the same thing . Nikki is also home schooled, so really they only way she could get it would be at home. I find it crazy that a 12 year old smokes pot tho! Especially that she is supplying Lexi, I would have thought it was the way around. I completely understand Lexi's mom's reaction(I never got caught when I was a teenager lol) but It's something that I think most teenagers try, I have a feeling Lexi has other friends she can get it from if she wants it. I highly doubt either of them will learn their lesson
Lexiie likes this.
     
    08-06-2011, 10:30 PM
  #5
Banned
Half of the friends I have who do drugs (I know, bad crowd) are supplied by their parents, I'm willing to bet the mom was just covering her butt and said she stole it. Sucks when you don't have anyone to ride with though, the lady I used to ride with (I'm 16 she's my mom's age) moved her horse back to her own place, so now we're the only boarders.
     
    08-06-2011, 10:34 PM
  #6
Trained
Teenagers will be teenagers, been there done that, hopefully they will realize the error of their ways before other things get messed up. Unfortunately the one young lady doesn't appear to have a good role model.
     
    08-06-2011, 11:03 PM
  #7
Showing
So what would you have had the BO do? Say, "Oh, those rowdy teenagers! You never know WHAT they're going to do now!" and not give any consequences?

The fact of the matter is that your little friend knew exactly what she was doing, and that it was illegal. She's just lucky the BO didn't call the cops, and have the children and their parents arrested for them being under the influence. Being banned from the barn is mild compared to what could have happened.

Hopefully your riding buddy has learned her lesson. Too bad it cost her riding your horse at the barn where you board.
themacpack and LoveStory10 like this.
     
    08-06-2011, 11:26 PM
  #8
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
So what would you have had the BO do? Say, "Oh, those rowdy teenagers! You never know WHAT they're going to do now!" and not give any consequences?

The fact of the matter is that your little friend knew exactly what she was doing, and that it was illegal. She's just lucky the BO didn't call the cops, and have the children and their parents arrested for them being under the influence. Being banned from the barn is mild compared to what could have happened.

Hopefully your riding buddy has learned her lesson. Too bad it cost her riding your horse at the barn where you board.
I didn't say I didn't think there should be consequences, even tho I doubt there were any for Nikki since it appears the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Actually it's not the BO that banned her, it's her mother. Val had no idea either of them was high until Lexi's mom called her. I think if either should be banned it should be Nikki since she is the one that brought it there and gave it to Lexi, who should have said no, but at 15 I'm not surprised. I find it so ridiculous that a 13 year old is smoking pot! What is this world coming to! I'm pissed at both of them because they were so stupid.
     
    08-06-2011, 11:53 PM
  #9
Green Broke
I would rather they be banned from the barn, then have it burnt down, because they had to ditch it quickly....
     
    08-06-2011, 11:57 PM
  #10
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel1786    
I didn't say I didn't think there should be consequences, even tho I doubt there were any for Nikki since it appears the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Actually it's not the BO that banned her, it's her mother. Val had no idea either of them was high until Lexi's mom called her. I think if either should be banned it should be Nikki since she is the one that brought it there and gave it to Lexi, who should have said no, but at 15 I'm not surprised. I find it so ridiculous that a 13 year old is smoking pot! What is this world coming to! I'm pissed at both of them because they were so stupid.
I know it is hard when it is a friend who is involved, but there is NO ONE responsible for the choice made by Lexi but LEXI. It is always easiest to try and shift blame/ownership away from the ones we love - it's natural to want to protect/defend them - but easy and right are usually not the same thing. Both girls made a choice for themselves. If anything, one could argue that a 15 year old should be expected to make better choices than a 13 year old. Be glad that Lexi apparently has a mother who is taking this seriously and is willing to make things painful to get that point across - and be sorry that Nikki doesn't seem to have the same.
VelvetsAB likes this.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
buddy sour instead of barn sour taylormadechief Horse Training 1 08-04-2011 02:35 PM
Riding Buddy In Texas? AppysForLife Trail Riding 28 03-28-2011 04:04 PM
Barn/Buddy Sour KateS Horse Training 10 04-07-2010 02:23 PM
Anybody need a riding buddy in Nashville? Robyn211 Western Riding 10 09-21-2009 04:10 PM
Riding Buddy in OK ChevyPrincess Western Riding 0 09-06-2009 09:44 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0