Need Your Opinions On This Horse - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Need Your Opinions On This Horse

This is a discussion on Need Your Opinions On This Horse within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Aktel teke

Like Tree21Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-19-2013, 11:50 AM
  #21
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco boy    
She's a very pretty girl but first photo looks like he struggling to hold her .... And to me she's appears stressed but could just be me...
Second photo is unusual to but I can't place why...

However photos don't show everything so may as well check her out 😀😊😊
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah there's something about the second picture that I can't put my finger on either. I do think its strange that both people are wearing matching outfits, but that's not about the horse
Posted via Mobile Device
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-19-2013, 12:04 PM
  #22
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh vair oh    
IMO, $750 is not a lot of money for a horse. For that much you could buy it and sell it for $500 if it doesn't work out. Plus a PPE would probably cost more than the horse is worth...

It's a $750 horse, you take it or you don't. If it was a $7,500 then you might have to go look and get a PPE.

Just be honest about what you want. If you want to go show tomorrow, this is not the horse for you. If you want to spend a lot of time and money on a fixer-upper, then go for it.
Totally agree with this post. That said, I have a very hard time believing this is a 15hh, 3 year old. 14hh 2 year old seems more plausible. I've worked for a standardbred breeding facility, so I've seen my share of 'em at all ages.
     
    12-19-2013, 12:16 PM
  #23
Started
It's a buyers market out there. Plenty of horses that are in good flesh and already seasoned for under $1000. Unless you can see it in person I'd pass.
You'll be 6 months feeding this one up before you could ride her. She does look young to me too.
     
    12-19-2013, 01:33 PM
  #24
Weanling
Where's the video? That would say alot.
     
    12-19-2013, 01:53 PM
  #25
Trained
I agree about this filly looking stressed in the first photo, and THAT points to the trainer. You know, when it comes down to it I don't like her. If indeed she is a 3yo, I would like to see a more substantial rib cage on her. She looks too delicate to be a good physical specimen and this from someone who loved her Arabian, "Corporal" (1982-2009, RIP) who had a more proportional frame that this filly does, when I bought him as a 4yo.
TWH's, who have Percheron in their pedigree and TWH-crosses should also have substantial bone, although people started breeding them to look like an Aktel Teke a few decades ago, to their detriment.
I'd say, pass. I also don't like the meeting 1/2-way. **shudder** You do that when a friend is transporting for you say, when you are moving out of state, NOT meeting at a rest stop or some other place with a total stranger.
     
    12-19-2013, 10:07 PM
  #26
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal    
I agree about this filly looking stressed in the first photo, and THAT points to the trainer. You know, when it comes down to it I don't like her. If indeed she is a 3yo, I would like to see a more substantial rib cage on her. She looks too delicate to be a good physical specimen and this from someone who loved her Arabian, "Corporal" (1982-2009, RIP) who had a more proportional frame that this filly does, when I bought him as a 4yo.
TWH's, who have Percheron in their pedigree and TWH-crosses should also have substantial bone, although people started breeding them to look like an Aktel Teke a few decades ago, to their detriment.
I'd say, pass. I also don't like the meeting 1/2-way. **shudder** You do that when a friend is transporting for you say, when you are moving out of state, NOT meeting at a rest stop or some other place with a total stranger.
I talked to the person that sold her to the guy that's selling her now. She told me everything about her. I found she was not going to be the horse for me, so I am going to spend a little bit more money and buy the right one i'm looking for. I wasn't 100% that I was going to buy her either.I really don't trust some people. Thanks everyone who commented.
Corporal likes this.
     
    12-20-2013, 02:47 AM
  #27
Foal
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueNH    
It's a buyers market out there. Plenty of horses that are in good flesh and already seasoned for under $1000. Unless you can see it in person I'd pass.
You'll be 6 months feeding this one up before you could ride her. She does look young to me too.
That's what I am going to do. I have $1500 saved up for one, so i'm sure if I wait long enough the right horse will come along.
     
    12-20-2013, 03:18 AM
  #28
Green Broke
She is under weight by many lbs. Looks small. I did not understand your post, Why can you only show your current TWH in one class ? Does it not rack ?
     
    12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
  #29
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenson    
she is under weight by many lbs. Looks small. I did not understand your post, Why can you only show your current TWH in one class ? Does it not rack ?
He can rack. I was showing in the Juvenile classes, like Juvenile Country Pleasure, since i'm going to be 18 next year i'm not allowed to show in those classes anymore. There is only two class I can do with him and it would be Ladies Country pleasure that they just added that this year and Open Go As You Please. I'm not going to buy the mare I posted about I am going to find something that suit me.
stevenson likes this.
     

Tags
buying a horse, horse

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions on this horse? HorseExpert Horse Conformation Critique 20 03-15-2013 09:46 PM
New Horse! Need Opinions KylieHuitema Horse Training 1 03-12-2013 09:21 AM
Opinions on my horse horseandme Horse Conformation Critique 0 06-06-2012 08:05 PM
Looking for opinions on this horse. MandiMal Horses for Sale 20 02-06-2012 07:29 PM
Need opinions on horse redape49 Horse Riding Critique 3 10-25-2011 12:45 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0