The horse flies in my area are in abundance right now as the weather has been warm but wet. My mare usually gets one bad case of bites then she is fine for the rest of the summer but what about ME. I have a massive horse fly bite on my cheek right now which has swollen and gone all hard. I am taking allergy pills daily and putting antiseptic cream on but they take around a week to clear up. Last year I was eaten so badly I had an allergic reaction to them. I don't wear scented body sprays or perfume but I still get eaten alive and they even manage to bite me through my clothes!!!!!! Anyone got any creams or preventative measures they take?
Very miserable and itchy right now