I don't usually watch the racing other than to admire the TB's, but oh dear I was absolutely stunned today when I heard about the two horses supposedly electrocuted.
It was the opening race and the horses were walking round the paddock and something spooked them and two fell to the ground and were pronounced dead.
3 people later said they all felt an electrical shock or a pulsing when they touched the horse.
What I don't undertsnad is how a racecourse as prestigious as Newbury can let something as dangerous as safety checks like electricity lines being cut open when they cut drainage channels in the paddock, go amiss!
2 beautiful and talented TB's lost because of some careless drainage, absolutely devastating and frankly, unacceptable.
Has anyone else heard of this/have an opinion on it?
Sorry for the rant, I live with very non horsey people and have no one to rant to!