Yup. In their eyes, he is a wild stallion who has impregnated all the mares and half the geldings. I happen to think he is just a late cut who likes to um...have fun. I told her that as soon as I hang up the phone with the vet, she will be my very next phone call. I've given them no reason to distrust me. I do lots of work on the farm for our rescue horses and still pay full board. Im not perfect but I think I am trustworthy. There is alot of gossip that goes around at the barn and I have mentioned to everyone, BO included, that I may have to find another place to board Nico before to long. Its a personal decision that has nothing to do with anyone...were just running out of trails. Maybe she thinks I'm gonna get the results (which she thinks are going to prove he is capable of breeding) and split...leaving her the bill for several mares. If thats the case, that makes me really sad.
(thanks for sticking with me on this one AB. I always have enjoyed your posts and appriciate your input on a sticky situation)