Oy, can't believe I'm saying this. Well, after being in denial for several months, I've realized that I currently don't have the time for Bliss. I work 6-7 days a week, which more often than not takes up all daylight hours. I have asked my boss to give me less hours so I can go ride, and she did slightly, but it's still not enough. Giving me a couple extra hours during the day is nice, but it takes longer than that for me to actually ride/work her (the barn she's boarded at is 20-25 minutes away, and all the working arenas are a long walk from her pasture). So most of the time, I just go see her and pet her but don't do any work.
The big problem in this situation would be bad timing. I'm going back to college soon (this year or next), and I realize now that I was irresponsible buying Bliss when I knew I'd have to eventually balance work and school. If I don't have the time to work Bliss now, it's certainly not going to get any easier when I have school to worry about.
So now I don't know what to do. I want to do what's best for Bliss, and I'm having trouble deciding what that is. I feel like I owe it to her to keep her, but I also feel it's not fair to her to be a pasture puff when she has so much potential. Selling her, I think, would be difficult though, since she doesn't have much training in a specific discipline. She was a pleasure horse before I bought her and she's a great trail horse when ridden in company. I began dressage training on her right after I bought her and she picked it up quick, but it'll take time to get her back on track. I'd have to find a way to ride her regularly again to make her easier to sell. But if I was able to ride her regularly, I wouldn't be having this issue in the first place. I have enough income currently to keep her even though I don't have the time... so I could just keep her in the field until my work/school issues are over, but I don't know who benefits from that. She deserves to have a job.
Bah, long rant. >.< The gist of the story is, I don't want to sell Bliss, but keeping her doesn't seem to make sense right now. I feel awful just thinking about it when I haven't even had her for a year yet. So horse people, what should I do??