Teen Forum Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
the whole buttercup is poisonous, unfortunately. The stems produce a nasty sap that will make a horse's mouth, tounge, throat, and/or intestines swell if eaten. So the answer would be that you can try to just cut them down, but there is a large chance that they will grow back, or your horse might eat the stems unknowingly while grazing. They generally grow back within three weeks.
I have no idea how much an organic weed killer is, but I'm sure you could find out on the internet.
Also, buttercups are poisonous to goats, producing basically the same symptoms as in a horse or cow. The only difference is that a goat is more likely to ignore warning signs (stinging mouth, etc) and just keep on eating.
Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.