Ok you guys will not beleive this! please help! (PICTURES) - Page 2 - The Horse Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Was in Ocala, Fl Now In West Union SC!
Posts: 3,175
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
No, I don't know what you mean.

I know a 7 y/o stallion who would put a lazy gelding to shame. He does NOT act studdy, has never acted studdy, has been used as a lesson horse, and he's a breeding animal.

So your gross generalization that this horse HAS to be young because he doesn't act studdy has no validation.

That horse looks a heck of a lot older than a yearling. I can usually tell the babies.

Always, I'm guessing the word is supposed to be estimate.
yes it was saposed to be estimate sorry. I'm doing 20 things at once.

I'm not saying that's the only thing that mekes me think he is young. The pics are bad because they are off my phone. Trust me I have raised my mare from a very young yearling and worked with hundreds of babies before. He could be any wear from 1-4 years old. I could be totaly wrong I'm just guessing.

Yes I know that stallions can act just like geldings but if he was that nice of a stallion why would you abandon him???? Stallions that nice sell quickly around here. In fact there the only thing that sells here.
myhorsesonador is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,892
• Horses: 2
Because, from your other post, he has an ambillical (sp?) hernia. That can get pricey to fix.
corinowalk is offline  
post #13 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Was in Ocala, Fl Now In West Union SC!
Posts: 3,175
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinowalk View Post
Because, from your other post, he has an ambillical (sp?) hernia. That can get pricey to fix.
Yeah we are going to take out some money to get that fixed. I've also emailed some local rescues asking if they can help or know of any one that can.
myhorsesonador is offline  
post #14 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 522
• Horses: 0
Definitely, definitely not a yearling. You checked for testes, and they were easy to spot? You want to keep him completely separate from any other horse for quarantine, make sure he doesn't have any bugs.
Charis is offline  
post #15 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 522
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinowalk View Post
Because, from your other post, he has an ambillical (sp?) hernia. That can get pricey to fix.
Umbilical
Charis is offline  
post #16 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 522
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorsesonador View Post
Yes I know that stallions can act just like geldings but if he was that nice of a stallion why would you abandon him???? Stallions that nice sell quickly around here. In fact there the only thing that sells here.
Ack! Sorry for all the quotes! Is there some way I can quote multiple things in one reply post? Anyways- this is not a nice stallion, sorry.
Charis is offline  
post #17 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charis View Post
Is there some way I can quote multiple things in one reply post?
Yepper there is.

The center button, bottom right, that says MQ is the multiple quote button. Hit that on every post you want to quote and when you hit the post reply button all your quotes will appear.



Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorsesonador View Post
Trust me I have raised my mare from a very young yearling and worked with hundreds of babies before. He could be any wear from 1-4 years old. I could be totaly wrong I'm just guessing.
Trust you but then two sentences later you are saying 'I am guessing I could be wrong'. Make up your mind. Either you know what you are doing or you are guessing.

1-4 is a pretty serious age range..... 4yos look like full grown horses. Yearlings look like....yearlings.

Dare I ask where you have worked with hundreds of babies?

Last edited by Alwaysbehind; 10-04-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #18 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,892
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charis View Post
Umbilical
Thanks!
corinowalk is offline  
post #19 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Was in Ocala, Fl Now In West Union SC!
Posts: 3,175
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charis View Post
Definitely, definitely not a yearling. You checked for testes, and they were easy to spot? You want to keep him completely separate from any other horse for quarantine, make sure he doesn't have any bugs.
yes they are visible. I havent been around any young stallions to much so does that mean he is older??? I thought it was diff for each horse?

Also he is the only horse on the property right now. I'm going to worm him on wednesday. I'm not sure how old he is I just guessed based on my past experiences.
myhorsesonador is offline  
post #20 of 34 Old 10-04-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Was in Ocala, Fl Now In West Union SC!
Posts: 3,175
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charis View Post
Ack! Sorry for all the quotes! Is there some way I can quote multiple things in one reply post? Anyways- this is not a nice stallion, sorry.
How do you know that? Do you know him? No you don't. So how can you say that he is?

Any way I didnt say that he was. I said stallions that ACT LIKE GELDINGS are nice stallions and they sell around here. I didnt say that this was one of them.
myhorsesonador is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok you guys will not beleive this! please help! myhorsesonador Horse Talk 29 10-04-2010 07:13 PM
Remi pictures!! 2 months old! (puppy pictures everyone!!) JustDressageIt General Off Topic Discussion 12 08-30-2009 11:18 AM
New Remi Pictures!! (puppy pictures!) JustDressageIt General Off Topic Discussion 14 08-11-2009 08:41 PM
OMG!! I can't beleive it! morganshow11 Jumping 53 06-30-2009 10:56 PM
Open House pictures **lots of pictures** SonnyWimps Horse Pictures 8 10-29-2008 02:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome