One frikkin' hard to sell horse
The deal with the Texas people fell through (something came up, so they couldn't buy Baby). No problem, I just relist her and try again.
I got...four or five people out to look at her and ride her. Nobody likes her. One girl, in my opinion, did VERY well with her but I guess the mother didn't like her butt or something. No hits otherwise. They're either honest and say she's not for them for X, Y, Z reason, or they say 'I have to talk to my husband', or 'We'll get back to you'. Ugh.
I've tried selling her for $700 with a roping saddle, and for $600 without. At $600 I break even with what I paid for her, and what I then paid for transport which is fine by me. I never expect a profit out of my horses, to me their a labor of love, not a labor of profit. If I get what I paid for them, I'm happy as peach cobbler.
My reason for selling is because I have Divo to break to saddle and to drive. I'm also dead set on showing him next season, so I have a lot of prep work to do with him.
I also then have my little NoNamer, I don't want him to end up a pain in the rear like Red was when I got him, so I have extensive work to do with him. Water, mud, tarps, balloons, balls, bags, etc. It all has to be worked with. Depending on how he matures, I may also show him next season.
Last but not least is Loki, who again hasn't been ridden in a month or two. When I bought him as a six year old he was an awesome trail mount. Now he's a pasture decoration who's a grouch to ride. He just turned 11 a few days ago, I want him back out on the trails by the summer of 2012 by the latest. Fall of 2011 is better, but it depends on how he does.
I'm strapped for time as it is with riding and what not, Baby's a great little mare, good head, fine rider, but I need to work my priorities. There is really nothing wrong with her, but for the next few years, if she stays with me, she'll be getting rode once every two weeks. If that. It's the perfect formula to ruin a perfectly fine horse.
Who knew that trying to find a buyer for her would be such a pain in the rump. If nothing else, I'll just have to break her to drive over the winter and try again next summer. When I got her I intended on keeping her for trails and some lessons, then Divo and Nonamer came along and that all changed.
Anyone else having horse selling troubles lately?
Wait! I'll fix it....