Potential Buy APHA Colt / APHA Look Up
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Potential Buy APHA Colt / APHA Look Up

This is a discussion on Potential Buy APHA Colt / APHA Look Up within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Weanling apha for sale-2013
  • Fols classy snazzy for sale

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-22-2013, 01:26 PM
  #1
Weanling
Potential Buy APHA Colt / APHA Look Up

Could someone look up "Jewels War Bonnett" (possibly spelled Bonnet) for me and give me any information given on APHA and her sire/dam names. She was purchased in Grayson, LA about a year and a half ago.

I'm thinking about buying this colt, and plan on going to go look at him once I get some information on his HERDA status. So far I've only been able to find information on his sire which so far I'm pretty impressed with for the price of the colt.

Highlights of the colt's bloodlines so far:
Grand sire is Wilywood (kind of bitter sweet having him that close)
Three generations back is Fols Classy Snazzy
Four generations back is Driftwood Ike and Poco Speedy
Five generations back we get into the really good stuff: Driftwood, Poco Bueno, and Jet Deck
Joe Reed II, Raise a Native, Rocket Bar (grand sire of Dash for Cash), and Go Man Go farther back in his lines

If you want to look for yourself here is a link to his sire: Wily Colorado Quarter Horse

Opinions are welcome on him, along with how much you would pay for him.

     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-22-2013, 11:12 PM
  #2
Weanling
Some more pictures.



EthanQ likes this.
     
    06-22-2013, 11:15 PM
  #3
Trained
Based on the pics, as long as he comes back negative for HERDA, I would at least go have a look at him. I can't comment any further without good conformation pics.
     
    06-22-2013, 11:53 PM
  #4
Weanling
Yeah, I plan on getting some conformation pictures when I go look at him. She called the breeder tonight, and left a message so hopefully she responds quickly because I plan to go look at him Monday.

Here is a link to the colt's bloodlines for both sides. His dam is pretty boring which is kind of a disappointment, but oh well.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/colt
     
    06-22-2013, 11:56 PM
  #5
Trained
Well, he goes back to Native Dancer, who is one of my favorite TB stallions of all time and he goes to Skipper W, who is one of my fav QH stallions. So, I don't think he's all that boring, LOL!

What are they asking for him?
     
    06-23-2013, 12:43 AM
  #6
Weanling
Lol. I only think his dam is boring because she doesn't have any close horses that have been shown or been shown very successfully except for a few. They are asking $700 for him not gelded, but I'm going to see if she'll take $500 when I go look at him Monday and hopefully convince her to get him tested for HERDA if the breeder didn't already have him tested. She seems kind of hesitant to do it, and didn't even know he might have it until I brought it up. I just hope if he does have it or is a carrier the people that buy him (if I don't) geld him so he doesn't spread it around. :/
     
    06-23-2013, 01:19 PM
  #7
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCM16    
Lol. I only think his dam is boring because she doesn't have any close horses that have been shown or been shown very successfully except for a few. They are asking $700 for him not gelded, but I'm going to see if she'll take $500 when I go look at him Monday and hopefully convince her to get him tested for HERDA if the breeder didn't already have him tested. She seems kind of hesitant to do it, and didn't even know he might have it until I brought it up. I just hope if he does have it or is a carrier the people that buy him (if I don't) geld him so he doesn't spread it around. :/
OK, how old is he? For the price they're asking I highly doubt he's been tested. And I get what you mean, if he was an Arab, I'd use the expression, "He's by Ibn Shoulda Been Gelded out of Bint Backyard" for his pedigree. Has he been started at all? Even groundwork?
     
    06-23-2013, 08:48 PM
  #8
Weanling
Yearling, he was born March 15, 2012. Me too, but I'm hoping. Haha. She's having the vet out to do shots this coming week so I'm hoping to get him tested then if he hasn't been tested already, but I'm going to have a hard time convincing her to test him if I'm not paying for it. :eek:

He's been lunged a couple of times, picks all of his feet up with no hassle supposedly, backs up, isn't study at all (but my sisters yearling hasn't discovered his liking for mares yet either :P ) and that's all I've been told but haven't really asked. I think he's going to make a super gelding just going off what she's said and the pictures as long as he's healthy.

Wish I knew how much the test was going to cost that way I wouldn't feel too badly about being the bearer of bad news. The way I look at it though is I have a 75% chance he's going to be fine (negative/carrier) and 25% chance he's going to have it.
     
    06-23-2013, 09:35 PM
  #9
Weanling
Ok, just talked to her again and she said he hasn't been tested but the other foals by the same sire (some from the same dam) have been and all came up negative. No carriers. She's not going to pay for the test because she doesn't feel she needs to. What should I do? I don't really want to pay and then find out I'm not buying him because he tested positive.
     
    06-23-2013, 09:58 PM
  #10
Trained
Tell her, "His not being tested and your unwillingness to test is a deal killer for me. I won't be out to see him. Thank you for your time.". And go find another horse. The test for HERDA alone is only $35. There is no excuse for her not to test him. From a quick look at his pedigree, it looks like the worst he could be is a carrier, but I would want WRITTEN documentation that that was indeed the case.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please critique 4 year old APHA gelding potential lease shermanismybaby3006 Horse Conformation Critique 4 03-18-2013 05:48 PM
Potential purchase - APHA mare CinderEve Horse Breeds 2 11-26-2010 11:09 AM
Want to trade 16yo deadbroke APHA mare for yearling or 2yo QH or APHA... aimcat Horses for Sale 10 11-19-2010 04:11 PM
Potential purchase: APHA filly JumpingTheMoon Horse Riding Critique 13 01-27-2010 10:38 PM
Please critique this APHA weanling colt potential buy!!!! shermanismybaby3006 Horse Riding Critique 28 03-19-2009 08:48 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0