Originally Posted by Golden Horse
So sorry that he is having issues, hope that he comes through OK.
Just thinking out loud, could you collect and freeze him if (God forbid) he needs the amputation?
Can you leave the testicles and amputate the penis then collect somehow if you want to breed him?
I haven't thought that far ahead... I think before amputation you probably could, but I don't know about after. I have a few Reed babies due this year, so if he gives me an uber nice filly I might keep her... But I also hadn't planned on keeping any of them until I'm all healed up, either.
After this surgery it's at least another month, maybe two, of waiting time to see how he does. So I have until then to sort of... figure out my options.
Who EVER has to deal with penis amputation?! Like, really?