Originally Posted by Cacowgirl
So, they have you back in the hospital? Are they giving any kind of release date? Oh, poor Reed-That just looked awful, but the second picture showed so much improvemnt-praying for a full recovery on your lovely boy. Hang in there w/the PT & hope your recovery is going well also.
I was out for a few days (24th - 27th) and then he wanted me to come back. I'm out again tomorrow until Jan. 7th and then he wants me to come back and stay until the 21st of January, when I have an appointment with my surgeon.
Because there was little to no improvement with my hip (it hadn't fused as they wanted it too) everyone hit panic stage. I'm not allowed to weight bear so they don't want me home alone (I sort of get that but it would only be from 8am-1pm really), and I'm in for 5 days of therapy - which I've been doing on my own over my pass.
So.... I'm crossing my fingers I can let him let me go and just drive with my mom back and forth to physio, as she drives past the hospital everyday anyway. This appointment on the 21st will determine alot. If there is no improvement, we'll wait another month and then I'll be looking at a hip replacement instead of patching mine back together. Crossing my fingers this isn't the case.
Reed is doing really good! I guess the swelling has gone down and he is very talkative and happy to see people and is much more energetic and moving around easier. Ought to be raring to go come breeding season. :)