I'm going to take a second look at a mare I'm considering buying later today. She is OBESE and I'm concerned about EMS. I voiced these concerns to the owner and he assured me she is fat because he was way overfeeding her and she wasnt getting worked.
Obviously I will have a pre-purchase exam done if I decide I like her. My question is, if it turns out that she does have a metabolic disorder or her x-rays show signs of laminitis, should he cover the cost of the exam, or is it my expense either way? Would it be wrong of me to ask ahead of time for him to agree to over the cost of the exam if those issues are found?