Questionnaire about welfare of horses in racing industry
I am currently conducting a research project into the welfare of horses in the racing industry. By completing this questionnaire you will be greatly helping me to gain a greater insight into how these horses are treated.
1. What connection do you have to horses?
2. Do you have any experience of the racing industry? (If so, please state
What, no matter how small)
3. Do you have first hand experience of dealing with racehorses?
4. Do you believe in horse racing?
5. How well on a scale of 1 to 10 do you feel race horses are treated
Before their career? (1 being badly and 10 being well)
6. How well on a scale of 1 to 10 do you feel race horses are treated
During their career? (1 being badly and 10 being well)
7. How well on a scale of 1 to 10 do you feel race horses are treated
After their career? (1 being badly and 10 being well)
8. How do you think the care of racehorses could be improved?
9. When injured do you believe racehorses are given the best chance
10. Do you believe in the rehabilitation of racehorses?
11. Would you take on a healthy retired racehorse?
12. Where are you from?
13. Approximately how many racehorse deaths are their from injury a
Year, where you are from?
14. Do you know if this number has increased or decreased in recent
If you have any other information or other questions that you feel would be beneficial for me to ask it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know. Thanks :)