Here are the questions that would be asked in my interview. If you answer them on here can you please number them? Thanks! Also, you can PM me the answers if you would like.
Date Interview Completed:
1. How many horses do you own?
2. What grain or commercial feed are you currently feeding?
a. Why did you choose this grain/feed?
i. Are you trying to make up for missing nutrients in your forage?
ii. Which ones?
b. Where did you get the info regarding the choice?
3. Where do you source your feed/hay?
4. How do you feed your feed/hay?
5. How often do you feed your feed/hay?
6. What is the horse’s water source?
7. How much exercise/turnout does the horse get?
8. How much forced activity (riding, lunging, and training) does your horse get?
9. How long have you had your horse?
10. How long have you been involved with horses?
11. Who do you rely on for horse information? Ex: Feed sales people, magazines, internet, friends, veterinarians, university extension services?
12. Do you keep your horse at a boarding facility?
13. Do you have your own facilities to keep a horse?
14. Do you keep horses for other people?
15. What health challenges have you had in the last two years? Ex: Colic, laminitis, founder, gastric ulcers, lameness, temperament issues, allergies, weight loss/gain?
16. What are your nutritional/lifestyle goals for your horse(s) right now?
17. Have you ever had your hay/pasture/soil analyzed?
18. How did you use or interpret the results?
19. Have you ever used (or heard of) the National Research Councils Nutrient Requirements for Horses?
20. What supplements are you currently using?
a. Main ingredients?
b. What is the purpose of the main ingredients?
21. Why are you using the supplements?
a. Where did you get the info that the supplements were needed?
22. When do you begin pasture turnout?
23. Do you rotate your horse pasture?
24. Have you tried other management practices in the past? If so, can you give a quick summary of what you did and why you changed your practices?
25. What would you say your greatest nutritional challenge is with your horse?