A rainy ride!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

A rainy ride!

This is a discussion on A rainy ride! within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-18-2012, 12:30 AM
      #1
    Yearling
    A rainy ride!

    I had a great experience with Shaggy today. I rode him in the rain! It was so much fun! Until the very wet and cold car ride him from the barn lol but it was totally worth it! Anybody else had any great experiences in the rain? Oh and heres some pics from after!

    There was crazy cool lighting going on after the rain had past and I turned shaggy loose!



    I swear in this pic even tho his not a Dun Shaggy looks like Spirit looking down at his herd! (ironically the herd all except Blaze are in the direction he's looking)



    The Sunset!




    And finally Blaze was the opposite side of the sunset with the rain clouds that just past behind him.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-18-2012, 08:31 AM
      #2
    Foal
    Beautiful! I had a rainy ride yesterday as well. I only had 2 days off. Couldn't trail ride the fiest day off because I gave a friend a "lesson" of sorts on Nico. So we went on a trail ride some along the road and in the woods. Started out nice, but then it poured. But I didn't care. Wasn't about to waste my day off.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        08-18-2012, 05:03 PM
      #3
    Yearling
    Sounds like it was an enjoyable day!
    Shaggy is such a handsome boy. I'm sure he loves to keep watch over the herd. :)

    I've only had one riding in the rain experience and that was during a lesson in my BO's outdoor arena. Even though me and my group were having fun my instructor cut it short since she didn't want the new western saddles to get ruined. However, I would love to have a trail ride in the rain. It look fun! :)
         
        08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
      #4
    Yearling
    Glad you had such a great time! Riding in the rain can be fun and those photos are great!

    I've ridden in the rain multiple times. Manly because I had to work horses everyday, rain or shine, for a while. My favorite time when I was riding recreationally though.

    I was a teen and I was in the woods alone. A thunder storm came right up on us very fast and my horse and I booked it through the woods to a shelter I knew of. Lightening was flashing and thunder was pounding, and we were galloping through it. It was amazing!
         
        08-19-2012, 02:10 AM
      #5
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LonesomeRanch    
    Beautiful! I had a rainy ride yesterday as well. I only had 2 days off. Couldn't trail ride the fiest day off because I gave a friend a "lesson" of sorts on Nico. So we went on a trail ride some along the road and in the woods. Started out nice, but then it poured. But I didn't care. Wasn't about to waste my day off.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thanks so much! And cool I don't blame ya for not wanting waste your day off!
         
        08-19-2012, 02:23 AM
      #6
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wild Heart    
    Sounds like it was an enjoyable day!
    Shaggy is such a handsome boy. I'm sure he loves to keep watch over the herd. :)

    I've only had one riding in the rain experience and that was during a lesson in my BO's outdoor arena. Even though me and my group were having fun my instructor cut it short since she didn't want the new western saddles to get ruined. However, I would love to have a trail ride in the rain. It look fun! :)
    thanks it was a very enjoyable day and thanks for calling Shaggy handsome! Sounds like you had a great experience in the rain! Must have been fun to share with a group. Sorry you trainer cut it short on you that's why I love my Wintec tack everythings water proof!
         
        08-19-2012, 02:25 AM
      #7
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Copperhead    
    Glad you had such a great time! Riding in the rain can be fun and those photos are great!

    I've ridden in the rain multiple times. Manly because I had to work horses everyday, rain or shine, for a while. My favorite time when I was riding recreationally though.

    I was a teen and I was in the woods alone. A thunder storm came right up on us very fast and my horse and I booked it through the woods to a shelter I knew of. Lightening was flashing and thunder was pounding, and we were galloping through it. It was amazing!
    Thanks I was pleased the pics turned out so well considering I took them with my phone! Lol

    Wow I bet galloping threw woods with the thunder and lighting was amazing! I bet you're heart pounding right along with the thunder!
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Rainy Day Lessons? folklaur Horse Talk 7 01-21-2012 04:14 AM
    Greetings from Rainy old England! FancyTrot Meet the Community 7 04-02-2011 05:13 AM
    Hello from us here in a rainy UK!! Cinnabar Meet the Community 3 03-02-2011 01:06 PM
    Rainy day project... clipclops Horse Talk 1 12-19-2009 10:02 AM
    A Wet Rainy Weekend Ride in Sammamish, WA Trails Trail Riding 3 12-03-2009 02:41 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0