So I found Solo Saturday, and we had talked about having him moved in here today. We sent the contract out Sunday, planned to meet at the barn Monday, and have Solo moved in Tuesday. The reason she needed to lease him is because she no longer as a riding facility job, so she doesn't get free board or a paycheck, and she can't afford him.
Come Monday, she should have approved the contract, come to the barn to approve its facilities, and gotten insurance. Except Monday, the "traffic is too bad to come down." Now at the time she was texting me, I was in my car with my mother on the exact road she needed to come down. There was 0 traffic, and I informed her of this. Except now, her AC is broken and she has to wait for her repair guy. She's "so sorry, but can we do it tomorrow?" And she wants to meet with my parents too, but my parents work during the day, so they can't come.
Tuesday we meet at noon, just her, my BO and I. She still doesn't have the contract approved because she "sent it to her sister's lawyer in Boston." But it looks ok to her. She also has not managed to get any insurance quotes even though by that time I had five that I passed on to her. On Tuesday she tells me how she loves the facility but it is going to be "so incredibly hard" to let Solo go for three months. "But I'm not going to back out, I swear, I can't afford to." She plans to come meet AGAIN on Friday, AGAIN without the horse, to go over more contract stuff.
Yesterday, she texts me that Solo has an abscess, so she will need to keep him a few more days. When I mention backing out of the lease because of my LIMITED LIMITED LIMITED time (I go to college on August 27), suddenly he is all better.
Today she texts me telling me she needs to talk to my trainer about insurance and the contract. That isn't my trainers job, she sent me a standard contract and the contract isnt between my trainer and her, its between my parents and her. The contract that was perfectly ok two days ago now has major issues that "could take a while to sort out".
I really liked Solo, but if she's going to drag her feet like this and make my life hell its not worth it. I only have two months and three weeks to do this lease, and I would have stopped looking if I hadn't found Solo when I did. I understand she loves the horse, and I think that's fantastic, but she has heard from my trainer and BO about what a great horse-person I am, and she has seen me ride him and given me tons of compliments on how well we worked together. Also not to mention Solo is a little out of shape and it will be about a week or two before he is fighting fit again.
Should I just tell her to forget it? Sorry its forever long but I was really frustrated.