Registries.
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Registries.

This is a discussion on Registries. within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-04-2010, 04:57 PM
      #1
    Green Broke
    Question Registries.

    Hey everyone!

    I am looking to register my mare with some form of association. She does not have any papers. I do not know her lineage, and quite frankly her true breed. I was wondering if I could register her with AWR (American Warmblood Registration, I think), or perhaps a local hunter reg.? Does anybody know of any? Thanks.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-04-2010, 05:12 PM
      #2
    Super Moderator
    You can register any horse with the Virginia Horse Show Association, I think the cost is $25.00

    As for the warmblood associations I would probably post something in the dressage section as most of them are warmblood owners. You CAN register a horse with that association but there is a system of tests and I don't fully understand the process, I do know though that the horse will need to be exceptional. Another thought is the Virginia Pony Breeders Association but that would only be if you bred for a pony and then you would have to find out what the terms are....
         
        05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
      #3
    Banned
    Um.... if you do not know her lineage and you do not have a specific registry in mind then ...um.... what exactly does registering her do?
         
        05-04-2010, 05:16 PM
      #4
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
    Um.... if you do not know her lineage and you do not have a specific registry in mind then ...um.... what exactly does registering her do?
    I believe she is doing the research before making any final breeding decisions.
         
        05-04-2010, 05:19 PM
      #5
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by farmpony84    
    I believe she is doing the research before making any final breeding decisions.
    Sorry, I guess I still do not understand.

    Even if you find a registry that will take a horse with totally unknown lineage, what exactly does it do for you? You still have a horse with unknown lineage.
         
        05-04-2010, 05:19 PM
      #6
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by farmpony84    
    You can register any horse with the Virginia Horse Show Association, I think the cost is $25.00

    As for the warmblood associations I would probably post something in the dressage section as most of them are warmblood owners. You CAN register a horse with that association but there is a system of tests and I don't fully understand the process, I do know though that the horse will need to be exceptional. Another thought is the Virginia Pony Breeders Association but that would only be if you bred for a pony and then you would have to find out what the terms are....
    Thank you! I will look into it.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind
    Um.... if you do not know her lineage and you do not have a specific registry in mind then ...um.... what exactly does registering her do?
    I believe she is doing the research before making any final breeding decisions.
    Farmpony got it. :)
         
        05-04-2010, 05:20 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
    Sorry, I guess I still do not understand.

    Even if you find a registry that will take a horse with totally unknown lineage, what exactly does it do for you? You still have a horse with unknown lineage.
    I want to provide the image that I am a respectable horse owner, and do the best to "better" my horse with the limited resources I have.
         
        05-04-2010, 05:21 PM
      #8
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilovemyPhillip    

    Farmpony got it. :)
    So a grade horse becomes a not grade horse if you can find a registry that will accept a grade horse?


    Grin - we keep posting at the same time.
         
        05-04-2010, 05:22 PM
      #9
    Trained
    May I suggest The Virginia Jumping Horse Association. I happen to be president, chairman of the board and head judge. The cost is $149.99 but we have stickers and decals (hats are on backorder)!
         
        05-04-2010, 05:23 PM
      #10
    Banned
    Kevin, I was going to suggest your registry in one of my above posts but I was not sure you still were running it.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Pinto registries.... or something else? Painted1 Horse Breeds 6 02-11-2011 09:47 PM
    How far do you think registries should go in regards to crosses? roro Horse Breeds 1 10-10-2009 03:03 AM
    Horse Registries appylover31803 Horse Talk 4 11-25-2008 12:57 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0