More riding definitely!!! Would also like to gain enough confidence to bareback ride so I can learn better balance. I have yet to canter Sonny due to the confidence issues so I want to do this as well this year.
As always, only one goal... enjoy life with our mares. I know too many folks that have made riding into a chore that they feel that they have to do. Our mares are ready to ride whether it's everyday or once a month. Posted via Mobile Device
1) my number one goal is to improve my horsemanship in a fair manner and continue doing what I love while providing the utmost care to the amazing animals who fuel my passion.
That being said...
2) With Rosie I want to get in the show pen. She's being sent to a trainer to be finished off in reining and Im hoping to finally get in the AQHA show pen with her.
3) With Nova I hope to get her in foal to a performance stallion early in the year and then continue to school her in all the beginning stages of riding. She's an OTTB but she's an amazing little mare and its such a waste to not let her use her potential. She's currently schooling her cues to trot, canter, and stop and learning how to stay in frame. She's working on getting a pretty topline and muscles that will do her well in her future as a riding horse.
4) With Blaze I want to get him less hard mouthed and more willing to do all angles of riding. He's a bit stubborn sometimes and likes to drift off his own way. He's also schooling flying lead changes and just cannot seem to catch his back legs. He's come so far in the 4 months I have been training him and im thrilled to see how much he will learn this next year!
5) With my two year old I would just love to see him mature some more. He's a super guy with a super attitude who already has no problems with ANY of his groundwork and loves being ponied when we go on trail rides. He just isnt physically ready to have a rider on his back and im not going to let my want to back him lead me to rush him in his development.
6) With my english riding I would love to be ready to attend some clinics with some professionals however there is more I need to learn from my instructor before I am ready to do that. I just want to keep improving and learning all I can.
7) with my western riding I would love to find a professional to take lessons from. Its my riding style of choice and I cannot wait until my mare is at the trainers so I can take reining lessons there and get ready for AQHA shows!
Its a lot of things id like to accomplish. But id rather make a bunch of accomplishment and get MOST of them done than only make one that I get done. Aim high right?!