01-07-2012, 09:41 PM
| || |
Should I continue with the lease?
Hey guys im in a tough situation here and hoping for some advice. I met a girl from the internet who was leasing her horse so I went out to take a look. Her horse was a rescue so she didnt know much about his past. She informed me that the horse had not seen a vet in over a year, hadnt seen a farrier in atleast four months (he's barefoot), and had never had the dentist out to check him. She wants me to board him at my own facility, AND be responsible for the cost of farrier, vet, pretty much everything. When I offered to show her where I was going to board, she declined. She didnt ask about my experience or even care in the slightest where he as being kept. I feel for the horse because she has moved on to a new show horse and he just sits in the pasture all day alone. If I did decide to go through with this I would definitely have a vet come out to make sure he's healthy. Im just not sure what to do. There were alot of red flags that shot up. Is this a good situation to go forward with? Advice please and thank you!