Should I sell chance?!!? HELP!!!! read please!!
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Should I sell chance?!!? HELP!!!! read please!!

This is a discussion on Should I sell chance?!!? HELP!!!! read please!! within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-05-2008, 12:08 PM
      #1
    Green Broke
    Should I sell chance?!!? HELP!!!! read please!!

    Okay I don't know what to do! My mom and I were talking about it, and we are wondering if we should sell chance. I mean I've had her since close to the middle/end of winter and have been trying to work with her to now! And we still are having major problems, bucks rears, head throwing, bolting, the works. I'm basicly at the point were im not all the excited to ride her anymore, but I do because I have to and I want her to get better, but after the last riding session [go check general riding section] Im not sure if I can do it anymore. I love her like crazy and I know she loves me because when she see's me she calls and waits for me. But I also want a horse around 7 I can kinda just ride on trails, jump, ect, but stilld needs a little work. If we do sell chance we signed a contract saying my old BO gets first choice, im going to see if I can work around that [any ideas??] But Im thinking of putting her up for sale at 2,200. Which is what I got her for.

    The add is probably just going to say

    5 yr old appy/throughbred cross. Very loving and loyal, pocket pet in the feild, started in Natural Horsemenship, very green, basic w/t. Needs work on canter, sometimes gets over excited. Great energy. Nice build for hunters. Can jump over 3ft again needs a little work because she gets over excited when jumping.

    I need to make a choice cause if I do sell her I want a horse before summer is over with so I can start working with the new one and get to know him/her
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-05-2008, 02:09 PM
      #2
    Trained
    I've said it again and again selling Chance is the best thing for her.
         
        07-05-2008, 02:14 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    Why do you think that though??
         
        07-05-2008, 02:24 PM
      #4
    Green Broke
    The post about me riding chance is in the english riding section sorry!!


    And I read the replys on there, could it be because its a new place? We've been going threw this at the old place as well...
         
        07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
      #5
    Green Broke
    I'm starting to think that you should sell her and get a horse that is better broke... that way you won't have the same problems you've had with Lexi and Chance... I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't want you to get hurt and I want you to be happy with your horse

    About the for sale add... I wouldn't say that she get's overexcited more than once... once should be good enough...
         
        07-05-2008, 02:59 PM
      #6
    Showing
    Is there any way you could get someone to train her? If not, then I'd sell her. It might be the best thing to do in your situation with her.
         
        07-05-2008, 05:06 PM
      #7
    Showing
    Have you had lessons with a trainer? If you are having a respect issue, getting another horse won't solve your problems as you will run into the same thing again.
    It does sound like the horse is to green for your level of experience and selling her for something a lot older might the best option for you and her.

    I wold suggest getting a trainer and see if you can figure out what's going on.
         
        07-05-2008, 06:45 PM
      #8
    Green Broke
    I've had lessons with her and we still at the problem and its not respect issues I know that for a fact, she knows to respect me and my space. Thanks for help with the add thing as well. And Im and intermediate-advanced rider, so either she needs someone with more exsperienced or someone that doesnt get nervous so fast. But If I do sell her im hoping to get a 7-8 yr old. This is such a hard choice to make I love her but I can't keep her just for that reson. Right now someone is going to ride her for me I think today then give me some advice on what to do, tomorrow. So should I just wait it out a bit to see if her advice helps at all??
         
        07-05-2008, 07:30 PM
      #9
    Yearling
    Wait and see what that person says. Then if you can't find a trainer or something I would sell. She sounds like to much of a project for you.
         
        07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
      #10
    Green Broke
    Trainers are a bit exspensive but I have someone who has delt with horses like her so idk ill give her a few weeks and if I don't see any improvement I can't keep her. I think she is to much for me, to much energy lol. No way am I a horse trainer and I think that's what she needs.
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0