Sometimes l hate the people...
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Talk

Sometimes l hate the people...

This is a discussion on Sometimes l hate the people... within the Horse Talk forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-13-2009, 02:55 AM
      #1
    Foal
    Thumbs down Sometimes l hate the people...

    Sometimes, l don't know about you guys, but in H.S today we had a music lesson and we were watching an old video. It was about violens and apperently the strings are made out of horses tail hair. I know that they are completly insensitive to pulling of hair but when they said that everyone started making fun of horses. I am fed up of it. I love horses, but everyone seems to be agains't them!! As l said, what should l do about them?!?

    Any ideas would be appreciated!! Sorry for this bad news...
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-13-2009, 03:30 AM
      #2
    Yearling
    I had that issue in school. It seemed the more I talked up my dogs, the more they put them down.
    Really the only thing you can do is be the bigger person. They don't know what they're missing.
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly do they say that upsets you?
         
        02-13-2009, 11:21 AM
      #3
    Weanling
    Actually, it's not the strings that are made out of horse hair. It's the hairs on the bow, where you drag it across the strings. In the old days, the strings themselves were made out of cat gut. Over the past 20 years or so, they have switched over to mostly synthetic bow hair and stainless steel strings. Those who do still use real horse hair for the bows are much kinder in their collection. The tails are not yanked out, they are brushed as if you were grooming your horse, and then whatever is loose and caught in the brush is cleaned, processed, and used to make bows. Sorry, didn't mean to go on and on, lol.
         
        02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
      #4
    Started
    Half the people making fun of horses probably don't even know a horse, much less own one and the other half are probably just joining the crowd. Trying to defend horses in this situation is probably only going to make it worse. Just don't take it personally and let it roll of your shoulders. Horses don't care what the kids at your school think of them. If you ask me, your are the lucky one in this situation for being able to realize how special horses are.
         
        02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
      #5
    Trained
    Just ignore them. My entire time until I moved, kids used to tell me they were going to put my horse in a woodchipper....

    Kids are mean.
         
        02-13-2009, 04:06 PM
      #6
    Trained
    Woodchipper???? Mean and creative!!!


    You're fine, they are the ones with problems....Like JEALOUSY!! Don't let them get under your skin.

         
        02-16-2009, 04:11 AM
      #7
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whipple    
    I had that issue in school. It seemed the more I talked up my dogs, the more they put them down.
    Really the only thing you can do is be the bigger person. They don't know what they're missing.
    Just out of curiosity, what exactly do they say that upsets you?
    They laugh and say "stupid horses!!" or "serves them right."
         
        02-16-2009, 04:13 AM
      #8
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandy2u1    
    half the people making fun of horses probably don't even know a horse, much less own one and the other half are probably just joining the crowd. Trying to defend horses in this situation is probably only going to make it worse. Just don't take it personally and let it roll of your shoulders. Horses don't care what the kids at your school think of them. If you ask me, your are the lucky one in this situation for being able to realize how special horses are.
    thanks!!
         
        02-16-2009, 04:14 AM
      #9
    Foal
    Thankz everyone!!
         
        02-16-2009, 07:29 AM
      #10
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horseMAD    
    They laugh and say "stupid horses!!" or "serves them right."

    You know......if they haven't seen the beauty and grace that is horse. If they have not sat on a horse and have all your problems dissappear because it is a bond that allows you to shrugs off the cares of the world then it is their loss............not yours.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Why do a lot of people hate Appaloosas? Curious... BluMagic Horse Breeds 260 07-05-2013 05:10 AM
    You know what I hate!? FGRanch General Off Topic Discussion 41 03-27-2009 12:03 PM
    Rescue people // transport people?? Johnswife Other Pets 4 12-31-2008 09:09 AM
    Don't you hate it when.... jazzyrider Horse Talk 61 01-14-2008 11:23 AM
    Parelli people, or people interested in it..... Spirithorse Horse Training 6 01-08-2008 08:23 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0