Like the title of this thread says, I was thrown a curve ball and wasn't sure what direction to go in. My husband has finally been diagnosed with bulging though possibly herniated disks. We now have a course of action for him.
During the time prior to the diagnosis, I had to face just how physical our life really is. We are "out door" people, hiking, biking, kayaking , riding ect... and our place like anyone in the country, has a lot of maintenance to it. This along with my very loved horses and all that comes with them was a bit overwhelming to me. So, yeah, I needed to look for possible options should Don be restricted permanently.
Since that is not going to be the case, though for a while he will be limited still, I have been able to reconsider what I was looking at for options.
With Don's input,(bless his heart, because these horses are definitely my passion not his), I will be keeping T and Walka. Such a huge relief to me, as I had always thought they would be here until they passed on.
For those of you that have had to make that difficult decision due to a curve ball thrown at you, I give you a huge hug because it is not an easy or enjoyable position to be in.
And in the future, no matter what is tossed my way , I need to remember that Don is there to "share" these decisions and choices with. While these horses are my "thing", as he reminded me, we are still a team and what affects one affects the other. Yup, love him even more than the day I married him!
So thank you to those that responded to that post and the words of care and concern, it meant more than you will ever know. You were the only ones, other than Don that knew that I was considering that option. Thank you.